Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jaszczur's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 16th, 2018 2:21 AM

Temporary password while abroad / cancel autopay

Three weeks ago I purchased AT&T cellphone sim card for my friend for temporary use and she was enrolled in autopay.

I would like to quit autopay now, but my friend already took sim card out of the US. This caused not being able to receive temporary passwords sent to her phone, so that I can't login into GoPhone website. Can anyone help me with this, quitting autopay? Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

First, try logging in using the last 4 digits of the phone number as the pin. If that does not work, your options are to call or get your bank/credit card to block the charge. If using a credit card, cancelling the card and getting a new one issued will work. You could also ask the friend to send the SIM card back. If you choose to call, this info is from customer support:

Customers in these situations need to call one of two numbers:

Outside of the U.S. - 1-314-925-6925 - The agent can call them back at their number so they don't rack up big toll charges.

Inside the U.S. -  1-800-901-9878

English and Spanish spoken.  It's possible - depending on the agent they reach - they may be transferred within the company.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you! I've called the number (inside the U.S.) and resolved this issue. Automatic system asked me for pin anyway, but after two failures I was connected to a real human, who cancelled the payment after verification.

Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.