Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Switch from prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my bill

Highlighted
Contributor

Switch from prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my bill

How can I switch from a prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my monthly bill

Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-27-2018 4:14 PM

Re: Switch from prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my bill

If you are an att prepaid customer you will need to go to a local att store. If you are any other prepaid customer you can call att customer support.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Re: Switch from prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my bill

I am trying to port my AT&T personal number to a prepaid account

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Sage

@mbrown28910   Read above answer!

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I I have called att prepaid numerous times thinking maybe the rep just was giving bad info. I have been told 3 times my payment history to prepaid/autopay isn't considered when a customer wants to transition to postpaid. I would love to see an art employee up the chain to address the possibility of offering prepaid customers option to switch if they have a good payment history.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support