Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Switch from prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my bill

Highlighted
Contributor

Switch from prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my bill

How can I switch from a prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my monthly bill

Message 1 of 5
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-27-2018 4:14 PM

Re: Switch from prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my bill

If you are an att prepaid customer you will need to go to a local att store. If you are any other prepaid customer you can call att customer support.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Re: Switch from prepaid to postpaid so that I can get a new phone and make payments added to my bill

I am trying to port my AT&T personal number to a prepaid account

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Sage

@mbrown28910   Read above answer!

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I I have called att prepaid numerous times thinking maybe the rep just was giving bad info. I have been told 3 times my payment history to prepaid/autopay isn't considered when a customer wants to transition to postpaid. I would love to see an art employee up the chain to address the possibility of offering prepaid customers option to switch if they have a good payment history.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support