Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
sunnyj2825's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 14th, 2019 3:36 PM

Someone is using my prepaid number

I am now travelling, and from this morning I couldn’t use my whatsapp. And it asked me to verify the phone number. But no kidding, IT APPEARS TO HAVE “NO SERVICE” on the phone. So I cannot verify my number since I cannot recieve SMS message, and it seems that someone is using whatsapp with my number, responding to my friends in a bad manner. My number was prepaid for two year contract, and I have no idea what is happening. Can someone help me please?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

If you are travelling outside of the US, Canada or Mexico, you have no service because prepaid does not roam internationally. No one is using your number.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

But I mean not the data, but the normal SMS. And I had the service until yesterday, and it’s been two weeks since I’ve been travelling. 

So I was in Denmark for two weeks until yesterday and I had service but I arrived Switzerland last night, still had the service last night but since this morning no service. 

And someone is using my number, I know cause my friend contacted me to my number on whatsapp, and someone responded. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Unless you activated WiFi calling before you travelled, it is not possible that you had service in Denmark. Once again, prepaid service does not roam internationally. That means no service of any kind. It is possible that WiFi calling would work but WiFi calling on prepaid is very new. We don’t know if WiFi calling from outside the US on prepaid will work or not. If you have WiFi calling activated and it worked in Denmark, that would be the first confirmation of that I’ve seen. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.