Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Marvinblue's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 23rd, 2018 12:35 AM

Prepaid SIM for tourist.

Hi there. My family and I will be visiting the US and Canada next May. I've read through your forums and it seems that the $50 pre-paid SIM might be the best, as we're holidaying for approx. 23 days. As we will be in Vancouver for a week, does your network operate here? Does it also operate in Toronto? (Might be going there too!) Also, there are six of us going, with four phones. Is there any sort of discount with either the purchase of the SIM's, or usage of the plans amongst us if we all get an AT&T prepaid SIM?

Thanks!

Andrew G.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

ATT does not provide service in Canada. When you are in Canada, you will be roaming on a Canadian carrier. The roaming partner ATT uses is Rogers. They should have service in all major cities, including Vancouver and Toronto but you should check the coverage map to be sure. The only discounts possible are for autopay or setting up a multiline plan. Since you only plan to buy one month of service, I would advise not setting up autopay or multiline plan because I don’t think any of those discounts would apply until the second month. Plus many tourists forget to disable autopay and find they can’t disable it from their home country and keep paying for service after they leave.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks very much for the info. This will give us something to think about. Do you guys have a data only plan. If we could do that, then the family members could call / message through Skype / Messenger etc, without the additional cost of voice comms.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

There are data only plans but they are for data only devices such as tablets and won’t work in a phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

No worries!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.