Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Prepaid SIM Card for Tourists

Tutor

Prepaid SIM Card for Tourists

Hey there,

i am a german citizen and im going go be in California for one month this august for vacation. Now my question is if I can purchase a Prepaid SIM card from AT&T. What kind of documents will i need? Is a passport enough? How is the schedule of the plan? Will it be available once I activate the SIM Card for 30 days or per month or how will it work? Im interested in a plan with unlimited data. Will tethering be working (since i have an iPhone and iPad) or do i need two SIM Cards for that?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎06-27-2018 8:06 AM

Re: Prepaid SIM Card for Tourists

No documents are needed that I know of. You may need that identification to pay with a credit card. Plans are for 30 days of service, just make sure you do not sign up for autopay. If you want both unlimited data and tethering/hotspot, you need the $85 plan. You don’t need a SIM card for the iPad, it can use the iphone’s hotspot. Plans are here: https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

Can you tell me what credit cards are accepted? I have an American Express. Or does that vary from stire to store? 

Message 3 of 6
Employee

most stores accept amex 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Tutor

Alright, prefect. Thank you so much.

Message 5 of 6
Community Manager

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject, and a great solution!