Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Overcharged account balance.

Highlighted
Contributor

Overcharged account balance.

Prepaid account balance is too high and keeps growing. How do I stop this and get my excess money back from my account ?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: Overcharged account balance.

The prepaid balance is not refundable.  You are paying for service, whether you use it or not, so USE IT.  

Change to a monthly unlimited talk and text and make minimum deposit to keep balance rollling over.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

The only reason for your balance to continue growing is you keep adding to it, so stop adding to it. Just make sure you keep track of your expiration date. If you let the balance expire, it is gone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

From your other thread, it sounds like you have a $25 refill set up on autopay. Autopay on a "pay per use" plan refills $25 every 90 days, not when your balance gets low. A $25 refill expires in 90 days, so if you just stop refilling, your entire balance would expire in 90 days. You might want to educate yourself about expiration dates. 

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Sage

Read section 4 on expirations 

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.prepaidPlanTerms.html

Plans

https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Help with PREPAID phones & plans. View AT&T PREPAID Help!
Additional Support