Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Lost SIM card


Lost SIM card

If my SIM card was stolen with my at&t prepaid account. Can I get a new sim with my same number ?

Message 1 of 2
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTKevin
‎12-28-2018 10:35 AM

Re: Lost SIM card

Hello @Jc4maga, and thanks for reaching out to us for answers!


We recommend that you halt or suspend your prepaid account by access our AT&T Prepaid Service Suspend article for additional assiatnce.


After you have accessed your prepaid account, you would need to complete the following steps by using your 10 digit wireless number and password.

  1. Go to My Device > Report a Lost or Stolen Device
  2. Select Report A Lost Device or Report a Stolen Device to suspend your service. Note: if you report your device stolen, it will be blocked form being used on the AT&T network.
  3. Follow the prompts to suspend service on your device.

Once you have suspended your prepaid service, you can visit your local AT&T store for a SIM replacement.


We hope this information helps, and you have an awesome day!


Dwight, AT&T Community Specialist

Need help?
Ask a question to get help from the AT&T Community or support from AT&T specialists. If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support