Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Destry02's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, August 28th, 2019 1:55 AM

Keeping a number active over multiple U.S. visits

I currently live out of the U.S. but visit California every 6 months, for a month or two stay in the U.S. I love ATT prepaid, but the number changes every 6 months when I get a new sim. I asked a store rep if there was any way to keep the same number.  He advised me to do this: "on the last day of your plan, change the plan to $2 per day plan if used (I think, from memory). Put $100 on the account. This will hold it for a year. When you come back to the U.S. put the sim in, change the account to the one you use and it will work."  But on the last day, just before boarding the plane out, I had trouble accessing and interacting with the account. Maybe it worked, maybe it didn't. I want to know, and fix if necessary. But now I can't sign in online, and the "new password" goes to the sim number I'm not using out of the country here. And it is hard to reach ATT. My question fits no category. No email contact. As a last resort, I will call internationally if necessary. Anyone have any ideas about all this? Would appreciate it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately, you can’t login to your prepaid account from outside of the US. That is why the store rep told you change plans and refill before leaving. Unless you want to call, you won’t know if it worked until you return. How did you refill? Can’t you tell from your refill source whether the $100 was deducted or not? 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Sand, thanks for your reply.  Much appreciated. Good idea: I cked my cc statement and it reflects a partial charge. When I was trying to take the advised action at the airport, the account seemed to show that they had auto charged for renewal, which I thought was turned off, but it seemed clear they were saying they had charged the act. So I just added the difference to make it to $100. But either I was confused or... So I guess I need to call them and see if I can add the rest of the charge. Or not.  But it's still less than a month later, so maybe...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Solved. I called. There was a balance of $99.80 on the act. And the rep said it would have expired in October, before I return, because of it being less than 100. (maybe a text msg, she said). She extended it for me until I return! I'm thankful. Did not lose the $99 and still have the same number. Lovely.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.