Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
tommyma0402's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 26th, 2019 12:20 PM

How to cancel my Auto-Pay without log-in?

Currently I am traveling aboard for at least few more months, I forgot to cancel my auto-pay before I left the US. When I tried to log in through the website, all I got is "The system cannot sign you in at this time. Call 611 for help". Right now I have my sim card with me and I cannot call the AT&T for support. I tried log-in with wrong password 3 times and reset the password to wipe out all my payment information. However, when I go reset the account all I got is "The system cannot reset your password at this time. Call 611 for help.". Is there any way that I can cancel the auto-pay without log-in or calling the at&t? I will be aboard for a few more months, I don't really want to waste all these money. Please if there is AT&T support seeing this can you help me?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

The only way to stop autopay now is to call or cancel your credit card. If you call, call the international support number. Also realize that if you just stop autopay and you are going to be gone a few more months, you will probably lose your number. A prepaid account is automatically closed if the account balance is $0 for more than 60 days after service expires.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster  Thank you for help! I did not activate the international plan on the number. Can I have my family member in the US to call support to cancel it? Or, do I have to make the phone call from the number? Or, do I have to call for myself?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

There is no international plan for prepaid. If you call, you would need to call from a different number. You can have someone call for for you, I’m not sure what kind of proof ATT will need, though.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster I think I will try have someone try to call it for me, and if it does not work I will cancel the credit card. Thank you very much for the help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.