Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Riskayn's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Sunday, August 11th, 2019 4:57 PM

Every single day morning there is a data usage entry in my history?

When I check my data and message usage history on my prepaid at&t mobile service, every single day morning there is a data usage. From where it is coming? I know I am not using any data, but it shows up. I am really curious from which action it shows up? Any one know the answer?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

The usage is not posted in your reports live.  So what you read that posted over night is data you used in the previous day.  

Just like writing a check, the money is spent and should be recorded in your check register, but the check may not clear, or money deducted, until it gets back to your bank.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I understand that if I use data on the previous day, it has been posted to my account next morning. But I am sure I did not use any data previous day. Since I do have unlimited text and voice call, from what the data is charged.

L

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Did it can take up to 72 hours, or possibly longer to report in your online account. You say you’re not using any data. Does your phone agree? Your phone is an independent meter of your data use. It keeps track in settings of every application and how much data it uses. You can screenshot at the end of each day to see how much you actually have used during a 24 hour.   

If you own a smart phone, even if you are home on Wi-Fi all the time, you are still going to use a tiny bit of data.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.