Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
dj83322's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 17th, 2018 6:41 PM

Dispute At&t Charges

Hi,

I was charged an extra 40 dollars last month and I went to my bank to file a dispute.

Now because the dispute is in the middle of the investigation, AT&T won't let me pay for my plan, and I do not have service at all.

Has anyone had the similar experience and what did you do to resolve this?

P.S. I am using a prepaid plan.

Thank you.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Att is disgusting and practices extortion. I'm contacting the BBB and posting my disgust wherever I can until this is resolved: 

Update: called the number at the end of the almost two hour chat exchange only to be told they can't help me either. Priceless. Signed me up for autopay when I didn't authorize, tried to bill me for a wireless plan and cable service I don't have. They can fix it if I pay $300. Extortion. I don't trust them to get my credit right when I have yet to get a bill that's correct. what's worse is one of the reps was here in my home and knew all this on day of service-gave me his card said he'd sort everything out and refuses to return my calls. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I've been disputing charges for a phone and account I don't own since November 2018. I have proof the phone was returned to an ATT store via Costco because of a non plan purchase. I have receipts showing my return to Costco never leaving the store and receipts signed from UPS by ATT that they received the phone. I can no longer add anything to my account like a wifi hot spot that I need for business until this gets resolved. It hit my credit score -100 points. I've called ATT ( which is only every a call center) twice a week since November to get this resolved. They have no email address to send my documentation to. I will never recommend ATT to anyone and the day my contract is up I will be canceling service as fast as possible. I've spent countless hours trying to get this taken care of with the same result every time.  ATT is too big to care about customer service. DON'T EVER use or trust ATT with anything.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.