Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
dj83322's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 17th, 2018 6:41 PM

Dispute At&t Charges

Hi,

I was charged an extra 40 dollars last month and I went to my bank to file a dispute.

Now because the dispute is in the middle of the investigation, AT&T won't let me pay for my plan, and I do not have service at all.

Has anyone had the similar experience and what did you do to resolve this?

P.S. I am using a prepaid plan.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

When you dispute a charge you cannot use that form of payment again.  If you were charged rwice, you should call ATT for remedy. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Are you trying to pay with the same bank info under dispute? ATT won’t accept that while it is in dispute, you probably either need to use a different card or buy a prepaid card and refill with that.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I tried different credit cards from different banks, but none of them works.

and I went to an ATT store which they told me there is nothing they can do.

They told me the only way is to activate a new number which would cost me almost at the amount I am trying to dispute.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Sad thing is I can't even call my bank to ask how the investigation has gone because I don't have service...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Do you know how long the investigation usually takes?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

It sounds like they closed your account because you disputed the charge

seems you have no choice but to get a new number.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I could still log in to my account and see how much I need to pay, so I don't think my account has been closed.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

This is the reason I still buy AT&T prepaid refill cards at a store. If you have an issue like getting double charged the store usually can address the issue without filing a dispute with bank or credit card company. Make sure you let you bank know that AT&T shut off your service and to make sure they now dispute both charges since AT&T is no longer providing service to you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I was told while in att store to pay my cell and I erase bill I owe direct tv money, I had direct tv and the same day the man came to hook it up he took all the equipment back with him so don’t feel that I owe anything so can you please close that account out I am a att cistomer for years and pay a lot of money to att and can’t. Pay that amount for

thank  you 

karen hayes 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Statesville wrote:

I was told while in att store to pay my cell and I erase bill I owe direct tv money, I had direct tv and the same day the man came to hook it up he took all the equipment back with him so don’t feel that I owe anything so can you please close that account out I am a att cistomer for years and pay a lot of money to att and can’t. Pay that amount for

thank  you 

karen hayes 

The lack of punctuation makes the post very hard to understand.  

You cannot get TV service canceled by posting in the cellphone forum, which is customer populated and NOT how you reach AT&T.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.