Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
katlutz's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 17th, 2018 7:09 PM

Can I reactivate a disconnected PREPAID account?

Hey there, just found out that my gophone account has been disconnected. Is there a chance to reactivate the same phone number or do I need to get a new SIM card ? 

Thanks in advance! Kathy

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

If by “disconnected” you mean your plan has expired, you have 60 days to refill/renew your plan. If it has been longer than 60 days, then your account has been closed and the number is gone. In that case, you would need to open a new account with a new SIM card and new number.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Is there anyway of opening a new account with the same mobile number? I’m in desperate need of my old number as I had that number as a verification for multiple things and a certain social media isn’t allowing me back into my account.

I was out of the country for about 3 months and it says my account is disconnected.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@RAtata No, there is no way to get your old number back I am aware of.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Unbelievable. You would think one would get some sort of warning from ATNT before permanently disconnecting your account. Obviously not going to take another sim from them this time around

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@RAtata How were they supposed to warn you? You were out of the country and prepaid service does not roam. All prepaid works that way. They probably did send you texts, you just didn’t get them. If you think getting prepaid from someone else will be different, it won’t. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I’m guessing I’m not the first person using ATNT who travels overseas. How about an email?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

I’m guessing I’m not the first person using ATNT who travels overseas. How about an email?

Where on your prepaid account is there an email? Pretty sure there isn’t. Most prepaid customers know the rules to keep their accounts open when they travel and make proper arrangements or if they don’t, they ask first.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Not true that others work the same way. I was with T-mobile for a long time and they never disconnected my prepaid account due to lack of use. I guess I will not go back to them cause getting a number disconnected just because you don't use it is totally unacceptable. The reason why people buy pre-paid is BECAUSE they may not use it continuously!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.