Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
NomadKitty's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 28th, 2019 8:33 AM

Change plan from overseas

I am overseas and my AT&T go phone number will not work here.I want to change my plan to the daily plan so that I can use it when I return in 10 months time. I know I will have to pay a relatively large amount to keep the number for that long. But I cannot sign into my account to do that online. And I cannot have a text sent to me because I do not have use of my number.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

It is not possible to login to your prepaid account from outside of the US. The only way to change plans or refill from abroad is to call. Call the international support number. 

Support for travel abroad
Available 24/7

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Why isn't it possible to login to the prepaid account via the webpage from outside the US (and change plans)? Can't I just use the webpage to sign in and change plans online via the browser? Nobody would notice that I am overseas, or would they?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@cjsieb Account access is blocked from most locations abroad. Some customers are able to login from abroad but most can’t. Why ATT blocks access, no one knows.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@sandblaster Thank you for your fast response! Do you think it works with a VPN? I might be away just slightly over 90 days...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@cjsieb Yes, a VPN may work but not guaranteed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.