Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
bkerkstra's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 28th, 2019 2:41 AM

Cannot transfer phone number to ATT PrePaid

I am trying to transfer a phone number from H2O wireless to ATT Prepaid (I am trying to purchase the Prepaid $300 / year plan)  I checked to see if I can transfer the number on https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/transferyournumber.html?_requestid=76799 and it says it is eligible to transfer, but when I am checking out it states that it is not eligible.  I own the phone and cannot figure out what the issue is.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Because even though the $300 promotion does not explicitly say it is only for new activations, it apparently is, and porting a number from H2O does not qualify as a new activation because H2O uses ATT’s network. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Same situation, but I'm trying from Verizon. Going the "bring my own" route, the system identifies my phone as a nokia when IMEI is input, it is a sony xz2. Site said it was compatible........horrible experience

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@brian943  Either phone will work, so if the IMEI is your only concern, don’t worry about it.    

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.