Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cancel prepaid card

Contributor

Cancel prepaid card

I recently travelled to US and bought a prepaid card, now I've returned to Melbourne, Australia, but just realised I've been charged another $40, so I think it's set up as auto-charge, and I need to stop it. I know I can contact my bank to block the credit payment but I'm a bit worried that I'll get some dishonest record in US, so I'd like to ask if there's a better way of cancelling the service.

When I bought the number in an AT&T shop, I got a mobile phone number (starts with 907), a card with text "Rethink Possible" on top left, there's an "RS#" number, "SKU" number, "UPC" number as well as "ICCID" number. I don't know what's needed and who should I contact in order to cancel it?

I tried to register for an account but the website shows prepaid cannot register something account.

Thanks a lot!

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎04-29-2019 2:19 PM

Re: Cancel prepaid card

If you won’t cancel your card, your only other option to stop autopay is to call. If you choose to call, the following info is from customer support:

Customers in these situations need to call one of two numbers:

Outside of the U.S. - 1-314-925-6925 - The agent can call them back at their number so they don't rack up big toll charges.

Inside the U.S. -  1-800-901-9878

English and Spanish spoken.  It's possible - depending on the agent they reach - they may be transferred within the company.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support