Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can I please get a extension

Highlighted
Contributor

Can I please get a extension

Hi I was wondering if I could get a extension for my prepaid go account for a month until I get paid on April 3rd. 

Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎03-14-2018 2:28 PM

Re: Can I please get a extension

Due to the nature of prepaid they don't do extensions. It's call prepaid because you have to pay before they give you the service.

This is attached to the bottom of all of my post: I am not employees by in any way by at&t. I am a customer and this is a customer to customer forum

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Sage

Nope.  That is not how any prepaid service works.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

How do I get an extension on my AT&T. My account is Auto prepaid. I’m suppose to renew on October 29th. I don’t receive my retirement check on the 31st. Both use to be in sync, but now the phone bill is due before the check comes in. I may have to change my carrier. I am a senior and I need my phone. 

Thank you!

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I receive my retirement check on the 31st of October.

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Sage

@amberava85

If you are prepaid the term is 30 days.  Because of the 30 day cycle, your date will shift any month that doesn’t have exactly 30 days.  You can switch to a pay peruse $2 a day plan for $10 and then switch back to a 30 day plan when the funds run out. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

@amberava85 Or wait until the 31st to renew and go without service for a day or two. You will have a no service day in any month with 31 days. You can still make 911 calls on those days. Switching to another carrier may not help as I believe all prepaid does 30 days. 

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Sage

Verizon does a true monthly prepaid.  But it’s more expensive and no auto pay discount.   And there is no ‘no data’ option, no pay per use.  

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support