Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
DeborahA1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 4th, 2018 2:01 PM

Did my payment of $10 go through to keep my number?

Hello,

I am out of the country and do not need cell service at this time.  When I left I spoke with someone who said if I make a payment of $10 ( good for 3 months) I could keep my phone number for when I return.  I made a payment online recently of $10 to ensure I can keep this number, but it says I still have a balance.  Does anyone know how I can confirm the $10 went towards keeping my number?? I can't get a live chat and I don't have cell service so I'm not sure what to do.  Thanks!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The $10 refill is only good for 30 days, not 3 months. You keep your number by keeping a positive balance. As long as you have a positive balance, your account is active and your number is safe. That $10 will expire in 30 days at which time your account balance will go to $0. You then have 60 days to refill/renew before losing your number. If your account balance is $0 for more than 60 days, the account is closed and the number lost. So, technically that $10 refill will hold your number for 3 months (90 days actually) but it cost you $10 that you won’t get to use for service. A $25 refill expires in 90 days, so had you refilled with $25 and if you were coming back in 80 days, that $25 would still be usable to pay for service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I centred the solution?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

help me please with my bill was charged way to much for what the promo said 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I need help with my bill I signed up for the 10 dollars for the first 3months plan but they charged me way more 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@shameatreem

Say what now?   I see nothing on the prepaid page about this deal.  Care to elaborate?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.