Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
KimberlyHV's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 13th, 2019 3:32 PM

Activated account but told Account and Phone Number Don't Exist - Can't reach support, please help

I bought an ATT prepaid SIM and received it yesterday. I activated it via the directions on the phone this morning and received an error, so went online to activate. The site said the SIM was already activated and prompted me to log in to manage my account. Log-in says "Error! The wireless number you entered is not associated with a valid subscriber."

1. When I try to make a call on the SIM card it says "This phone does not have permission to make phone calls."
  2. When I try to reach the Prepaid customer service line it will not let me get help unless I enter the phone number, which it tells me doesn't exist, and then hangs up on me.
  3. When I call the regular customer service line they tell me since I'm prepaid I have to call the prepaid line and they hang up.
  4. I tried going in person to a store and they said it's ATT prepaid online and they can't help me.

I desperately need help and absolutely no one I can reach can do so.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You do need to select and pay for a plan which you do online at https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html. If that is the page giving you the error, perhaps just wait and try later. Your prepaid account may not have been created yet. If that still won’t work and you can’t call, an ATT store should be able to help you but it needs to be a corporate store, not an authorized retailer.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster Thanks - that's the page that I cannot get to. How do I locate a corporate ATT store?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

There used to be a way to identify corporate stores on the store locator, not sure there is a way anymore. You may just need to call each store but any authorized retailer will have those words displayed.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster Just wanted to say thanks again and provide an update to anyone in the future who encounters this issue: I located a corporate store by calling a local one and requesting that they direct me to one of the corporate ones. At first the person I spoke with said he didn't know where they were, but as soon as I had told him I was referred to the corporate stores by customer service he magically remembered exactly where the closest one was. The amazing people in that store immediately solved the issue, which was caused by the number port being goofed up. The overall recommendation is just go into the corporate store if you are getting a prepaid plan - do not order the sims online and do not even attempt to try to port a number online. It gets stuck in a holding pattern. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

hi, you finally changed to a new number or use the same one?

i have the same issue as you, frustrated.

i went to the store as well, but they can't solve it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

All I can suggest is try to find a corporate location. The first store we went to couldn't solve the issue and it turns out that they weren't corporate. You have to call and find the corporate based store - it will not be listed online.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.