Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Account Balance -Prepaid

Contributor

Account Balance -Prepaid

USA PREPAID -  last month opened a two person multi-line account, pre-paid.  I am the owner.  Shocked at the money withdrawn for the change. 

1. both individual accounts paid 

2. next day, changed to multi-line, more payments withdrawn.

3. 30 days later, 1st, multi-line payment withdrawn.

???

My question is -  After all this money has been withdrawn, we both still show an ACCOUNT BALANCE. His expires in OCT, mine in NOV.   What is this???

We are retired and every time we try to save money, we end up paying more. We now have more data, but we are only saving a couple of $.

Thx for help.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Account Balance -Prepaid

Any money deposited on an account has an expiration date. When you initially opened each account and deposited money, that money got an expiration date based on the amount deposited. $10-$24 expires in 30 days, $25-$99 expires in 90 days, $100 and up expires in a year. Each time you add to your account, you extend the expiration date. Your balance should get used to pay for the multiline plan. The other line’s balance can be used for any extra charges for that line such as additional data, international calls, etc. If you want to use that other line’s balance to pay for the monthly plan, you will need to remove it from the multiline plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply sandblaster

We have autopay to save money.  Never added money using refill cards.  How can me, the owner, with auto pay, use the $90 sitting in account balance?

As far as my husbands account, if I remove him to get the $35 account balance, and then put him back on multi-line, I believe the whole process will start over. 

Should have stayed as individual accounts.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by 4esuze
‎08-19-2018 7:08 AM

You should not have to do anything to use your $90 balance. The next time your plans renew, your balance should automatically get used.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Can I use my account balance to buy my prepaid?

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support