Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Hate_These_Guys's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, May 18th, 2018 6:36 PM

AT&T STINKS WORSE THAN EVER - DON'T SIGN UP TILL YOU READ THIS!

First, let me start off with my ONLY reason for trying AT&T.  I purchased a Huawei Mate 10 while in China and cannot use it on Verizon or Sprint because is lacks the necessary bands.  My only options are AT&T and T-Mobile.  

So I sign up for an unlimited pre-paid AT&T account to try the service before committing to a contract on Wednesday afternoon (5/16/2018).  By Thursday, my phone has rung over 100 times and received immeasurable amounts of text messages.  Thinking this shouldn't be a problem to get a new, clean number, I call AT&T.  Well there are two problems: the first, AT&T reps advise they have no way of getting a "new" number, and secondly, a replacement number cost $15.95.  The fact that AT&T gave me a garbage dump for a number is of no concern.  The very real prospect of losing a customer is of no concern.  Spoke with 3 different people.  Not a one of them could do anything other than read from a script.  

I have not had service with AT&T in over a decade because of poor customer service.  It has degraded.  Poor doesn't even begin to describe the service I received.  As far as I am concerned, AT&T just took $55 from me to spend a day in purgatory (I had the four letter version of that word here.  They said I had to clean it up.  They should clean up their service).  I wish I could repay them with more than this blurb.  They deserve bankruptcy.  Help them get it by going elsewhere.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

All they do is recycle the same numbers.  It is worse than a crap shoot.  I wish there was some other service in my area.  Worst customer service ever.  They don't care about anything but money and only then if they don't have to work for it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Hate_These_Guys

So, why didn’t you port your number?   Recycled numbers are a crap shoot.  Has nothing to do with the carrier, you think the other carriers aren’t recycling ?  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

It is not my fault that I have received a number that is receiving calls from all over the country on a continual basis.  That's a very troll-ish thing to suggest.

I didn't want to port any of my numbers from a service that does work from phones that I do use.  This was a test.  Obviously, I would have ported a number were my intent to roll the dice with a new service provider hoping for the best, but then were I that ignorant, I would have probably signed up for a two-year service too.  AT&T loves that in a customer, I'm sure.

My desire was to try AT&T, on a new phone, with no hassle and no obligation, to which I have.  I had hoped for a positive outcome.  That is not the case.  Unfortunately, it is not the quality of their signal or their coverage area which causes me to make my decision.  It is their policies and the resulting poor customer service.   

So tell me, why would you suggest such a silly thing?  AT&T employee?  Paid by the post?  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Hate_These_Guys

1.  Prepaid service has less than postpaid to offer.  Less coverage, so not a true test of service.  Less features.   Less start up cost  as there is no activation fee, just a SIM card purchase.  

2.   Att has no 2 service contracts for phones.  If your BYOD you can leave any time.  The only way you tie yourself, is if you buy phones on payment plan.  

Nothing wrong with testing the waters, but you get a used number, you get calls for someone else.  No one said it was your fault you’re getting calls for the previous numbers owner.  But not ATT or any other carriers fault or control either.  Numbers are not recycled for at least 60 days, usually 6 months.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

LOL...Less than postpaid to offer. 

Are you really saying that AT&T prepaid is a lousy service?  I agree, but just shocked to see your write it.  Well, so far I've received about 100 phone calls on this garbage service and no AT&T troll can say that's acceptable.  No AT&T troll can say I was right to try any service with AT&T.  That AT&T has any demarcation between any of their service offerings without bold disclosure borders on criminal intent to defraud.

I've never said AT&T is to hold fault for the number of calls.  AT&T can change the length of time between reissuing numbers, kill problem numbers and most importantly, when a new customer has a problem, offer a hold harmless resolve.

It's my bad that I chose AT&T before T-mobile for my new phone.  It's my fault that I purchased a phone before knowing it would not work on Verizon or Sprint.  It's Randall L. Stephenson's fault AT&T stinks and, quite frankly, your decision to continue to work for them is on you.  [Please keep it courteous]

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

LOL.jpg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

voiding.JPGAT&T is so helpful and responsive!

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Hate_These_Guys wrote:

LOL...Less than postpaid to offer. 

Are you really saying that AT&T prepaid is a lousy service? Not what I wrote.  Less coverage, no advanced calling features.  You can’t use a smartwatch.

I agree, but just shocked to see your write it.    No AT&T troll can say I was right to try any service with AT&T.  That AT&T has any demarcation between any of their service offerings without bold disclosure borders on criminal intent to defraud.

Att has its list of offered service on ATT.com for pre and post paid.  Anyone with reading capability can see the offers.   

You complaint on receiving calls is not an ATT problem, it’s a used number problem.  Had you Ported your own number it would have been business as usual.  

I've never said AT&T is to hold fault for the number of calls.

Really?  Then what does this mean =>  “Well, so far I've received about 100 phone calls on this garbage service and no AT&T troll can say that's acceptable.”  Looks like blame to me.  

AT&T can change the length of time between reissuing numbers, kill problem numbers did you bring this to ATT attention and ask for help?  ATT will change a number once for free if someone is getting harassing calls.  Certainly problem calls or harassment for a previous user counts.  and most importantly, when a new customer has a problem, offer a hold harmless resolve. 

It makes no difference.  What DOES make a difference is if the last person changed numbers to escape debt.  Like the previous owner of my second line.  After a few months I started to get calls for Connie.  (I call her dead beat Connie)  That was the worst of it, it slowed down after a few months.   4 years later an I only get 1 a year (BTW I’m post paid, this is not a prepaid issue).   

It's my bad that I chose AT&T before T-mobile for my new phone. Glad it’s working for you.  It’s not an option for me as they have lousy coverage.    It's my fault that I purchased a phone before knowing it would not work on Verizon or Sprint.  It's Randall L. Stephenson's fault AT&T stinks and, quite frankly, your decision to continue to work for them is on you.  .  You get zero credit for reading comprehension I don’t work for ATT, never have, never will.   It says so below all my posts.  I’m just a customer and forum regular.  

I don’t get paid, discounts or kickback for participation and don’t appreciate  being called a troll.  By definition, “someone who posts inflammatory comments”, it is you who are trolling.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T can assign you a new phone number, they did for me about 2 years ago when I told them I moved to West Virginia and wanted a number in that area code; I'd suggest you "move" to West Virginia, too.  At the time I was told that there was a charge for changing numbers, except that I had moved.  So move to an adjacent area code and ask for a new number because you moved.  You can set your personal information to anything you want at www.paygoonline.com, and with prepaid service they won't be sending you any bills anyway.

In any event, I'm not happy with AT&T and when I've used up the balance on my account I will discontinue service; I've had lots of data just disappear by the gigabyte; in one case over 3 gig vanished within 1 minute of changing my plan.  So I'm done in about 11 months.  Too bad I can't give you my number, it's pretty clean having been on a hotspot for a couple years.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@condew

How if your prepaid with data is it going to take 11 months to use up your plan?   

AT&T gladly will change a number under the circumstances described,  but the OP had to ASK.  

Your phone is an independent meter if your data use.  If you track it, it will show how much you actually used.  

Ive not yet seen anyone prove the carrier was wrong. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.