Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Catpaws46's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 18th, 2019 11:08 AM

AT&T Prepaid Scam

For the last couple of months I have received a false email that looks legitimately from AT&T.  It's a prepaid account.  Here's the body of the email:  

Hi VIVIAN,

Your new AT&T bill is ready. Here's a summary of your service, account, and balance info:

Account ending in:  6589
Total due:  $88.42
Payment Date:  05/04/2019

You've got AutoPay. Your bill will be automatically paid by the payment due date below.

Heads up: The total balance doesn't include any payments you made after the bill period ended. Check your Account overview and Bill & payments at myAT&T for more recent payments and your current balance.

Sign in as xxx@gmail to see your bill, make a payment, and more.

You will normally receive your paper bill within seven days of this email.

Not managing your account with myAT&T yet? Register now

Thanks for choosing us,
AT&T

Popular support topics
Update billing contact info
Billing & payment support
Connections, web browsing & security

The email address they used is correct (I changed it in above text).  Same amount used in both emails.  Anyone else get this?  Anyway to pass it on to AT&T?  When I tried to post this, the post came back saying it had been changed because an invalid HTML was found in the message body and removed.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

That is made to look like an email postpaid customers would get, so it’s not a prepaid scam. It’s a phishing scam trying to get you to use the links in the email. You can report to ATT by forwarding to abuse@att.net. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.