Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T PREPAID: Roaming charges

Highlighted
Tutor

AT&T PREPAID: Roaming charges

How does at&t bill for roaming charges.   Calls made in Canada on the $35 plan incur roaming. Will I be billed or do I need a cash balance?

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎04-25-2019 7:42 PM

Re: AT&T PREPAID: Roaming charges

You are not billed. Your balance needs to be sufficient to cover the charges.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/att-prepaid.html

98DFCCA2-04DF-480F-8333-E9A41110D157.jpeg

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

Re: AT

Top of page...Calls made from Canada included in $45 plan and up. Roaming
charges for $35. I have $35 plan. How will I be billed for those roaming
charges.
Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

Isn’t that obvious? Your plan does not include Canada usage so you pay the rates listed, $0.39/min for calls, etc. Your plan does not allow data usage in Canada.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Tutor

Yes it is obvious. Roaming charges if calls made from Canada.

Question...How will I pay for the roaming? Billed by mail? Add money to
account somehow?
Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

Prepaid does not bill. You need to have a sufficient account balance to pay for charges. In other words, you need to add funds to your account.

Message 6 of 10
Tutor

How would I add money to a prepaid account?

Message 7 of 10
ACE - Expert

How to refill: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/my-account/KM1008656?gsi=8337j9. The minimum refill amount is $10.

Message 8 of 10
Tutor

OK. I stopped in an AT&T store in center city Philadelphia on Friday. The
store assistant, who seem very knowledgeable, gave me the FACTS. The $35
plan will not allow calling and texting from CANADA to the USA. There is
NO ROAMING and no money can be added to a monthly prepaid plan. To make
calls and text from CANADA to the USA, I must upgrade to the $50 plan ($45
if on auto pay) which I will do the day before the $35 plan expires at the
middle of May.
Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

@Jputn01 No, what the store told you is wrong. You can call and text from Canada with any prepaid plan. If you don’t have a plan that includes Canada usage, you pay per use rates. See for yourself here, select the roaming tab: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/att-prepaid.html

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Help with PREPAID phones & plans. View AT&T PREPAID Help!
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support