For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
jammers's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 7:19 PM

family plan shared data

I have Direct Tv and am thinking of switching my service to ATT. I currently have 5 phones which each recieve 4GB data per month before being throttled down to slower speed. My question is, with ATT I get 22 gb shared data  then throttle down. I have one user on my account that always exceeds his data and drops down. Is there a way to curb him on this group plan to keep him from using up the data?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

There is no shared plan that slows down at 22GB. You are apparently referring to the unlimited data plan you are eligible for since you have Directv. That is not shared data. Every line on the plan gets unlimited data which might be slowed down after 22GB. A line being slowed does not impact any other lines on that plan since it is not shared data. If you do get a shared data plan, you can turn data off on any line.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

The unlimited plan is $100 for the first line ($60+$40) and $40 per line after. The 4th SMARTphone line is free, so $220 for 5 lines. NO tethering/hotspot for unlimited plan. This requires that you have DIrecTV.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.