Get the myAT&T app
GUCCI4B's profile

Scholar

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, October 26th, 2008 11:43 PM

Closed

checking voicemail from landline incurs roaming to wireless account?

My bill just cut and I have lots of international roaming charges, I know I made three calls - initiated - and received - picked up on no calls while in Bermuda earlier this month.

Yes, I did call my voicemail from my landline, phone was on, but hit ignore or let it ring like I always do and have done for years down there.

Each of those calls it seems I got charged the $1.99 per minute.

What can I do?

I have never disputed calls with ATT before s0 will they just take my word and credit my account?

Have the T&C changed where checking voicemail international is charged to your account.

I am upset, as this have never happened before and it is totally new I assume -- Just in June I did the same thing -- checked voicemail from landline, while in Bermuda and no per minute charged there.

BTW it took 10 days to cut the bills --- often is much faster in my experience.

Thanks for your advice.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

There is a roaming charge of 1.99 in bermuda if your phone receives a call, you do not answer, and it forwards to your voicemail. I am curious that if-----   I turn off call forward to my voicemail number on my phone - I think according to ATT description I will not incur a roaming charge because no forwarding takes place.   I want to do this because I know incoming text messages are free under our family text message plan (You do not need international text messaging) -- I just came back from bermuda and this was absolutly true. My idea is if someone in an emergency wants to get thru to me they will text me and I will call them back. I can keep my phone on but have no roaming charges unless I make a call.  What do you think?????

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

15 years ago

bwatts, actually you want to set immediate call forward to your vm deposit box so you can keep your phone on, it's when your phone is set for so many rings and it forwards to vm that you incur rpm charges.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.