For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
lbramstedt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 1:38 AM

change rings before voicemail picks up

Hello,

Please help.  I was searching on the internet for some information to be able to changed how many rings my phone rings before it goes to voicemail.  I had to put some codes in like *'s & #'s.  Now whoever calls my number goes to a different person and if it goes to my voicemail it reaches a totally different person under a different provider.  How can I get this corrected?

Lori

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

12 years ago

First, you need to reset to default using the following code: ##002#. After this you should be able to set the time delay using the following instructions:

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
  2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages (note: on some phones, like Sony Ericsson the delay is not reported).
  3. Write down the number (including +1)
  4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
  5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active (note: if your phone doesn't display the delay, you will have to place a test call to it instead from a different phone).

///Edit: If the instructions above don't resolve your issue or for any account specific help, please send a private message to ATTMobilityCare by clicking here. Thanks, Dmitriy (AT&T Community Team)///

• 

1 Message

Thanks from the future... it worked .. but only after doing the Reset - duh.

Jim

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

thank you for posting on how to resolve my problem about changes on how long till my voicemail picks up i was going crazy cuz my phone would ring one time then went to voicemail but thanx to you everything is back to normal and it wasnt all complicated to do! have yourself a great day superbowl time go giants!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thanks for the information.  Just picked up a new mobile phone and needed to changed the time.  4 rings and it was gone.  Thanks again, even though it's still relevant over a year after your post.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just got the samsung Galaxy 4 but the phone goes to voicemail after 3-4 rings.  I have tried all the codes, and called AT&T as well as Samung.. I did the *#61#  and dial.  Then is shows up saying set to 20 sec.  Then I call my phone number and after 3 rings it goes to voicemail. This is not acceptable, I cant answer my phone that fast and I miss most all of my calls... Any advice that can help would be great.  Remember I am AT & T  with galaxy 4 phone.  

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

The above instructions works perfectly on my iPhone 5 and also works perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S5.

My brother's Samsung Galaxy S4 works with these instructions.

I don't know why your Galaxy S4 does not.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Your directions are clear still work fine.  Press and hold the 0 button to enter the + on the Lumia 1020.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello,

First of all, the code to extend number of rings on my AT&T phone before going to voicemail works. 🙂

Unlike most forums I have read, the instructions on using Google voicemail on my AT&Tphone doesn't work. It seems like you're pretty knowledgable so I am asking for your assistance.

When I first tried to set up Google voicemail on my AT&T phone, I would get an error, an automated voice saying that "this is not a working number." I was following the directions provided by Google inside the Google inbox interface. Typing:

**004***********#

*********** being my google voice number.

It did say "success" but as mentioned above, I was getting an error.

So I spent a week researching the internet, trying to find a solution. I would find conflicting information and everything I have tried up to this point has not worked.

I wonder, if the code you provided to set number of rings,
**61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30#
Would work if I put my google voice number instead of the +1xxxyyyzzzz?

In other words, that code would tell my AT&T phone to ring 30 seconds before going to my Google voicemail?

And by the way, I don't know where the + sign is on my phone dialer so not sure if this is my problem since I am not using it.

Also, not sure if I need to turn on/off my At&t's phone call forwarding? All of this is pretty confusing.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Check your ring tone: some are quite for a few seconds, just vibrates, before playing the ring tone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

THANK YOU!! This worked perfectly on my iPhone 6 with AT&T Wireless in June of 2015. Boy was it driving me crazy how few rings I had to get to me phone. Now I can get to it in time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Been trying to fix this issue for some time.  Thank you Ace, your advice worked perfectly.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.