Helpful Links

associates told me one thing and bill reflects another

Highlighted
Contributor

associates told me one thing and bill reflects another

In the last month, I've been in contact with at&t several times to try and get a better service plan. I wasn't getting reception at work so they suggested a myfi hotspot. So I decided to get that, add a basic phone and up my data from 4 to 8 GB. And then up to 10gb the next month.
This is where I messed up.
The associate I was talking to. Seemed to have taken a liking to me and was saying he could get me another phone. And said my bill would only be around $190/month. So of course I was all for it.
After the conversation, I couldn't agree to the terms over the internet for technical problems on thier end. Not a problem. I had already e day been charged so I called the next day and it was squared away. Everything came in the mail but I chose not to touch the "extra phone"
Fast forward to yesterday. I called at the start of my billing cycle because I wasn't doing anything with that phone and wanted to make sure that everything went well in the transition.
Turns out, I couldn't give the phone back as it was automatically activated. BUT, the guy I talked to yesterday seemed to have taken a liking to me told me that he cut everything down to the 10gb, was a hundred, all phones at 15/month and the hotspot at 10/month. I was all for it.
Today, I called to make sure that the 10gb was still there as it didn't show on myatt app. They tell me my bill is 230 and I should have read terms and conditions.

Is there any recourse? I can't get out of my plan without paying 1085 dollars and they can't change anything except dropping me to 300mb for 185/month.

I want to keep the service the way I have it but that's too expensive. The associates that "helped" me essentially lied to me.

Any idea what I can do?
Message 1 of 3
Community Manager

Re: associates told me one thing and bill reflects another

Hi @Thomas661 

How many lines and what devices do you actually have? Is it a smartphone, a basic phone and and hotspot, three lines?

10GB is $100, then every device has an access charge (Link). A smartphone with a 2 year contract is $40, basic phone is $15 and the hotspot should be $20, so $175 plus tax. But it sounds like you have more than just those devices. is that the case?

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: associates told me one thing and bill reflects another

I have my smartphone on the old plan at 15/month and two smartphones at 40,
one of which I don't need. The best att has d poo be for me is offer me
credits and to drop a smartphone to a basic plan. I really just don't want
the additional line. I tried offering the phone back and everything
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support