For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
gospelpress's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Friday, December 2nd, 2016 3:18 AM

Will Joining Direct TV Now Make you eligible for an unlimited data Plan for an At&t wireless plan?

Will joining Direct TV Now make you eligible for unlimited data on a At&t Wireless plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Good question.  At this point that is not being offered because the Direct TV service is specifically the Direct TV Select plan or more.  

However, any use of the app on mobile does not count against your ATT mobile data.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

Could it be possible to package Direct TV Now with normal Direct TV plans, to make the streaming service available for Direct TV customers?

This would give Direct TV users the option of using the Direct TV Now service as well, and still be eligible for unlimited data.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Regular Directv service already includes streaming service. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

I know this, but Direct TV Now is an app.  Will regular Direct TV customer have access to Apple TV apps, like Direct TV Now customers do?  Basically I don't want to see regular Direct TV customers paying for more but missing out on some benefits.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@gospelpress wrote:

I know this, but Direct TV Now is an app.  Will regular Direct TV customer have access to Apple TV apps, like Direct TV Now customers do?  Basically I don't want to see regular Direct TV customers paying for more but missing out on some benefits.

So you want the new features of the new service but you don't want to pay for more?

I doubt they will do this, you are paying to get it on TVs already, I don't think they are going to give you two more TVs for free.

You can stream to iPad and iPhone with the regular Direct TV app and if you really want you can probably push that to an AppleTV screen from the device...

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

Regular Direct TV customers already are paying more. It would just make sense for Direct TV Now to be included. Or at least access to streaming devices like Apple TV without having to push it from a mobile. Direct TV customers use Apple TV too.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@gospelpress wrote:
Regular Direct TV customers already are paying more. It would just make sense for Direct TV Now to be included. Or at least access to streaming devices like Apple TV without having to push it from a mobile. Direct TV customers use Apple TV too.

I hear what you're saying, but what you want is getting confused by the fact thta DirectTV Now exists, you would have wanted this feature last week too, right? You could have asked for the AppleTV version last week, they had a mobile version a set top version wouldn't be so crazy (IF that's what they wanted).

Giving away free stuff doesn't always make sense to the company giving it away. You have an option to add another TV by getting another box for the service you are paying for. I have no dish, which is why I'm paying for this service I can only do two devices and that's it.

@gospelpress wrote:
Regular Direct TV customers already are paying more. 

Wouldn't it make more sense for you to switch to Direct TV Now and save money?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

Nah you’re over thinking it. You don’t get it. It needs to be a lot more simpler than how you’re trying to explain it. It’s this simple. Make an Apple TV and Mac App that all Direct TV customers can access. They wound’t be giving away anything for free. Direct TV customers are already paying way more than a Direct TV Now service. I just think Direct TV Now app access should be included with Direct TV customers.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@gospelpress wrote:
They wound’t be giving away anything for free. Direct TV customers are already paying way more than a Direct TV Now service. 

They would, if you really want it on another TV they want to rent you another receiver

You don’t get it. It needs to be a lot more simpler than how you’re trying to explain it.
I just think Direct TV Now app access should be included with Direct TV customers.

That's because you want it for free!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@gospelpress

At this time Direct Now is a separate service.  It cannot be bundled.  If you want both Dirct TV services you will have to pay for them separately.    

Direct Now has some big gaps and is not a replacement for network or public TV.  It is competition for Sling and Vue and aimed at cord cutters. 

The regular Direct TV is full service , which is why is costs more.

Different platforms.  Many can get satellite TV, but have no broadband internet, and visa versa.  

I cant see why anyone would want both if they already have regular direct TV service.  If you want to stream regular direct, do so with chromecast.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.