For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Kyleparks83's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, August 19th, 2015 3:27 AM

Wifi calling iOS 9 beta for ANR lines

So I'm using iOS 9 public beta. Wifi calling is a setting that can be toggled on finally on iPhone 6 and 6 plus. I enabled it on my consumer account (6 plus) and it works fine. However, I have an ANR line and when I tried to enable it, I get the message saying I can't enable this and I may not have authorized access on my account. Consider this one I am referring to is my ANR line, I'm the only one on the account. Is this different for ANR users? Is there an ETA on when the feature can be enabled for ANR? Just wondering.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Still, it has to be on Att with their account access. Both my consumer and ANR line are on a public beta. One being able to enable and the other that can't is weird. My message I get when enabling is that i may not be the authorized user. Well, I am.... I am the only one on the account. Same with my consumer line. The fact that one can enable it and I can't (I believe) it has to do with my ANR line. So that's where the question lies. I already know it's not available in all areas and only works with some, I've been on apple forums. By the way, a public beta is a lot different than a developer beta. So I'm good on what I say and do... However, this obviously wouldn't be an apple problem considering the consumer line can access it. Both lines are the same phone just different att classifications. That's where I'm looking for clarity.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

You may think it is an ATT problem, but it is called a beta for a reason; to discover problems with the software. Sounds like the beta iOS doesn't play well with the ATT network.

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

9 years ago

PB is confidential.  Best not to publicly post info about the software.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/en/betaprogram/faq

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Is it just me, or might it be because ATT doesn't yet support wifi calling?

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

Apparently they are rolling out test markets and making no announcement. Unless you just stumble upon it, you wouldn't know.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/08/11/att-wi-fi-calling-starts-rolling-out-for-some-ios-9-beta-testers

Also   https://forums.att.com/t5/Device-Features/When-is-wifi-calling-coming-out/td-p/4265855/page/2

Scroll to messages 46-50 for reports of actual users.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Does this mean the FCC finally approved?   It would have to, but no general announcements?

And, if and when active, are the current phones able to use wifi calling , or will it require special hardware?   An app for that?

Too soon?

Once that article gets around, the questions on Forums for ATT and Verizon will explode.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Does this mean the FCC finally approved?   It would have to, but no general announcements?

And, if and when active, are the current phones able to use wifi calling , or will it require special hardware?   An app for that?

Too soon?

Once that article gets around, the questions on Forums for ATT and Verizon will explode.

That I don't know.

It looks like with Apple devices, anyway, it will be implemented throught the iOS9 upgrade. Android? No clue. Maybe some of the techies (glimmerman76?) could answer that.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I don't think you are seeing what I'm saying. Both phones are on att. Both are on an iOS 9 public beta. I'm not "giving out secrets". It's everywhere and about to be live. I have one phone on a consumer line that supports it. One line is an ANR line that doesn't. I own both lines. "In all areas" I get it but we are sitting on a couch next to each other. My question isn't geared toward an apple beta, otherwise I would be talking in an apple forum. My question lies with the ANR line not being able to access something that my consumer line does. Makes no sense to me. Doesn't have anything to do with what software I have. They are both the same. It was a question about me being the line owner of two different categorized lines. My ANR, I cant talk to customer care about it, only my regional rep. My consumer line however is just like most people reading this. So my question is directed toward ANR line owners or those who authorize those. That's why it is in the title about ANR lines. Not consumer. Thanks for your attempts but you are irrelevant unless you semi understand where I'm coming from thank you

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Not on beta now. Wifi calling still doesn't work for my iPhone 6 but does for my regular consumer line on the 6 plus. Who knows. Must have something to do with provisioning or something about ANR lines.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.