For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
SegavSal's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, January 16th, 2015 5:07 AM

Why doesn't my iPhone show up in Family Map?

I have subscribed to AT&T's Family Map.  At least 9 times out of 10 when the iPhone is powered on and is in coverage area, Family Map doesn't detect it and says it is either powered off or is out of coverage area.  Does anyone else have this problem?  And what is the best workaround?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

This seems to be a common complaint about the iPhone.
Please call customer service to see if they have any suggestions to fix the problem.

The only workaround is using iCloud "find my iPhone " app, which only works if you are using another apple device.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @SegavSal

I’d be happy to help with your AT&T FamilyMap service!  In order to successfully locate iPhones, the AT&T FamilyMap app must be downloaded and installed from the App Store on the iPhone. Once installed, the on-screen instructions will guide you through joining your family.

Should you have the app already installed on the device experiencing issues, from the FamilyMap website, choose Manage Account at the top, and choose Remove a Family Member. Remove the affected number, then re-add.

Once the line is re-added, please allow 24 hours for the line to become fully registered.

If these issues persist, please send me a Private Message with the following information so I can look into this for you!

• Cell and/or account number
  • Contact number and best time to call
  • Cell number experiencing problem
  • Current location

Thanks!

Charise

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Charise, thanks for the response.  Can you provide me with a solution to the issues I'm having getting a ring tone?  See my other thread for that.  Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.