Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 5, 2013
7:52:04 AM
View profile
Why can't I locate my Son's HTC ONE X phone using AT&T Family Map?
Edited by nutnfanzy12 on Sep 5, 2013 at 7:54:45 AM

The location services are turned on. I have a subscription. I have no problems locating my daughter's Samsuang phone. Very frustrating! Can someone help?

The location services are turned on. I have a subscription. I have no problems locating my daughter's Samsuang phone. Very frustrating! Can someone help?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 6, 2013 5:09:13 AM
(0)
Employee

AT&T Family Map uses several different techniques to locate a phone. However, despite all of these techniques, poor geographic conditions and phone limitations can still result in inaccurate locations.

• The phone that you are trying to locate is deep inside a building or car.
  • The phone is surrounded by tall buildings, hills, or trees.
  • The phone is powered off.
  • The phone's battery has run out.
  • The phone is not in AT&T network coverage. (AT&T FamilyMap does not work in Former Cell One or Centennial networks).

If this is not a problem for you, I recommend contacting your AT&T Customer Care and Speaking with Technical Support. Your device is probably not compatible with the feature; updating to the latest Operating System may help.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Why can't I locate my Son's HTC ONE X phone using AT&T Family Map?

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 6, 2013 5:09:13 AM
(0)
Employee

AT&T Family Map uses several different techniques to locate a phone. However, despite all of these techniques, poor geographic conditions and phone limitations can still result in inaccurate locations.

• The phone is not in AT&T network coverage. (AT&T FamilyMap does not work in Former Cell One or Centennial networks).

If this is not a problem for you, I recommend contacting your AT&T Customer Care and Speaking with Technical Support. Your device is probably not compatible with the feature; updating to the latest Operating System may help.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why can't I locate my Son's HTC ONE X phone using AT&T Family Map?

2 of 2 (2,504 Views)
Solution