Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What happens when a 2 year contract expires?

Contributor

What happens when a 2 year contract expires?

My contract is up as of tomorrow, I was wondering if after its ended do I just get billed monthly or do I start over with a new 2 yr contract

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Kmello
‎05-03-2016 7:06 PM

Re: Phone contracts

You go month to month.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

If you were on some kind of older plan that subsidized your phone (i.e. you could get an iPhone for $200 or less), then you might be better off getting a different kind of plan (don't get a new phone, just check out the different plan prices).

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I added two tablets on a 2 yr contract, where is the ending date of that contract printed, in not finding it on the bill, and I would like to turn off the service at the end date
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@Kitteaux wrote:
I added two tablets on a 2 yr contract, where is the ending date of that contract printed, in not finding it on the bill, and I would like to turn off the service at the end date

Make sure you do it after two years and not 24 bills, sometimes 24 bills is a few days short and a termination fee.

See myAT&T account and click on the line in question. If it makes you log in and doesn't take you to a page with a list of lines, cluck the link again.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support