For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
kevind833's profile

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

Monday, February 24th, 2014 2:59 PM

What happened the scale on the usage reports page?

I have notice that the scale has changed when running any total usage report. I have a 1GB plan and the scale appears to be set for a 2GB plan. So when I receive the results of a report, the bars are barely seen. I get the right numbers but I would also like to see the bars on the graph. See the inline png image I included in the post.

graph.png

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

This is what I expect to see in the results. This is an image from a report of the total text usage.

graph.png

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @kevind833 

It just looks like your usage is so low it doesn't even have enough to become a bar:) I noticed your screenshot is for only one billing cycle, likely your current cycle, what happens if you select few month in your report?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Here is an example, first I have one month, my current billing cycle, then I selected few months to report (I only have one number so one usage bar in blue):

DU1.PNG

DU2.PNG

2 Attachments

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

No one has replied with a solution yet. The solution has to come from AT&T. I can't remeber when this issue started but I know for sure there was a time that no matter what monthly periods I chose for the report, the bars in the chart would slide upwards and then the numbers would get displayed on top. A sliding amination to be exact. If you run the report for text totals you will see what I'm referring to. Also, when it was working correctly, it didn't matter what the totals were, I always received a "visible" bar and not what appears is currently a line at the bottom of the chart.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

These are the names of three specific reports/charts where the bars are not displayed.

"Total Mobile Share" (Gigabytes)

"Data Usage" (Gigabytes)

"Mobile Share Usage" (Gigabytes)

On all the other reports, the bar chart is displayed correctly.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello kevind833,

You said in your original post that you have a 1GB plan, is it a 1GB Mobile Share plan or have you recently changed your plan? On your screenshot it said the usage was at 0.160, and that's pretty low, when I had a low usage month, I saw the same result of no bar being displayed. the scale might be set in larger steps, like 0.25 or 0.5GB, do you see how in my example above, data usage bars are the same length and the first one is twice as long, those scales are not an exact representation of your usage but rather something to use as a reference. I looked at my last cycle and I had 1.6GB of usage and the bar is there. I don't believe you're seeing any issues, you use very little data and it's great that it's working out for you.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Here is a screenshot:

data.JPG

Notice how 0.600 and 0.900 MB months have no bar, so whatever my scale steps are, those numbers were below them.

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

You missed this sentence in my last post, "Also, when it was working correctly, it didn't matter what the totals were, I always received a "visible" bar". I originally had a 2GB plan, then I reduced it to 1GB (I think this is when I first noticed the problem with the chart), and when AT&T changed their pricing recently, I went back to 2GB. Bottom line is that no matter what the usage total was/is (way under the plan, in the middle, or near the limit), the chart alway displayed the bars on the chart (automatically adjusting its scale).

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

The latest screenshost of various bar chart reports.

att.png

att.png

att.png

I see how the chart for Total Text Usage displays the bar on the chart. And it displays the bar even for months were the text usage was very low. Because the scale on the left is adjusting itself. I have no control over it's setting.

att.png

And this is a clear cut example of the bar chart not displaying correctly. Total usage is 796MB, that bar should be displayed over the 0.60 scale line.

att.png

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

I see what you mean.  The ones under 1GB as stated above don't show a bar, also "2.050 GB" shows same bar height as "2.230 GB". In January, the bar should be JUST above the first "2" on the graph. Instead it is showing at the "2.230" mark just as March is. 

Not it trying to be smart but this is a 3rd grade graph and isn't right. 

image.jpg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.