For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
bellaroxio's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, August 18th, 2017 10:29 PM

Went to (5) local AT&T with no answers

Hello there,

Hope you guys can help with my simple simple question.  My father, brother and I are moving our cellular service.  Each one of us will get our own plan.  NO sharing between us.  We are NOT DirectV customer.  All of us have Xfinity.

Simple question regarding Unlimited Plus HBO offer.

I understand that we can access via HBO Go app from our phone and all data used from HBO are not counted.  Zero data.  If I were to connect iPad (not cellular version) via wifi, can we still access the HBO channel using our AT&T credentials?  Instead of watching it on our phone, we want to watch on our iPad via wifi.

Our decision to AT&T is dependent on this specific answer.  Both Verizon and AT&T are equally excellent in our area.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Sandblaster pointed out something I was not clear about. (Thanks Sandblaster).  Sorry to harp on the same question.  Common sense indicates the answer would be YES.  But people at the stores tells me otherwise.  Perhaps, some modification and hopefully I get a right answer so we can sign up this coming week.

"iPad via home WiFi counts as home data and nothing to do with your cell phone data." - so using my iPad on XFinity Wifi, HBO on Direct TV Now app does not use up any of my 22GB and I should have no issues when the trial period runs out, RIGHT?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@bellaroxio wrote:

Sandblaster pointed out something I was not clear about. (Thanks Sandblaster).  Sorry to harp on the same question.  Common sense indicates the answer would be YES.  But people at the stores tells me otherwise.  Perhaps, some modification and hopefully I get a right answer so we can sign up this coming week.

"iPad via home WiFi counts as home data and nothing to do with your cell phone data." - so using my iPad on XFinity Wifi, HBO on Direct TV Now app does not use up any of my 22GB and I should have no issues when the trial period runs out, RIGHT?

Right. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@bellaroxio DirecTV does not care how much data you stream from DirecTV, they don't keep track (they don't care if it's cellular, wifi, or ethernet).

They only time you might care is on cellular.  

The 22GB is only an issue if you're using towers that are congested.  If the tower is congested, you temporarily slow down (you speed back up when it's back to normal). Unless you know you live somewhere congested....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.