For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
jencantu7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 7th, 2017 8:41 AM

Virus scan for iPhone 7

My bank told me I need an app that will do a virus scan and show them that my device is free from viruses because someone recently tried to transfer money out of my account. I didn't downloaded a couple protection apps but they both get stuck under general - add vpn configuration - Touch ID settings and allow it - but it's not an option in settings for Touch ID. Please tell me how to run a virus scan on my phone so that my bank will allow me access back to my accounts

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I've never heard of an iPhone getting a virus but search the App Store for virus scan software, there are a number to pick from. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

This seem like something you should appproach Apple with.   ATT is only your service provider and has nothing to do with software or security on your phone.  I have never heard of iPhone needing virus protection.  Far more likely this is a hacked account.

If your iCloud account is hacked, the hacker would have access to everything.  You can check iCloud.com for unknown devices

If a phone was stolen or lost, you sold, gave away, threw out  or traded in a device with your keychain on it, your passwords may have been recovered off the device unless factory reset. This could lead to identity theft if all your data is exposed.  There are those who suggest you never turn in a device, rather run it over several times because factory resetting is insufficient to really remove all data.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.