For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
jlynn80's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 1:57 AM

Using Call Protect instead of hiya?

Just curious if there is an advantage to using AT&T over the normal Hiya app. It is my understanding call protect uses the hiya service.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @jlynn80,

The benefit of using AT&T Call Protect is that unlike apps like Hiya that can only work at the phone level, the AT&T Call Protect gets to work at the network level.

When callers that are blocked call you if you're using AT&T Call Protect, they get a network level busy signal such as if the number wasn't in service. This is much more effective than other apps which may just make your phone not ring, send the call straight to voicemail, or pick up and hang up the call.

It's basically like making your number not in service for that calling party. And of course, there's the feature to temporarily block other numbers too, which gets them the same result as spam calls: a busy signal.

You can learn more about Call Protect at https://www.att.com/offers/call-protect.html.

Hope this helps!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can I block unknown numbers all number with block caller ID 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

"AT&T Call Protect gets to work at the network level." That statement is laughable. AT&T doesnt do enough to curb unwanted spam/robo calls. Then tries to insult the entire subscriber base by rolling out an app at a cost!!! What a JOKE! No doubt ATT is literally wasting tens of millions of dollars each year by letting all these calls roll through (waste of bandwith, Infrastructure, net support etc...). Time to TAKE ACTION AT&T! Cut the Boooshwah and fix the problem.   

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Well i guess you told "em!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.