Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Upgrade through Insurance claim?

Highlighted
Contributor

Upgrade through Insurance claim?

I need to file an insurance claim but will get the iPhone 5C, is there a way I can upgrade that to a iPhone 6 and pay a little more?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by cgthomas4613
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Insurance claim

No, you can't, the insurance won't work that way. You will get the same model or similar model if the same model is not available. You don't have a choice.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Re: Upgrade through Insurance claim?

My phone is cracked
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

File an insurance claim or go to a repair store and get the screen replaced.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Employee

It's probably cheaper to get the device fixed through Apple screen replacement than pay for an insurance replacement. Deductible will be $199 without the declining deductible incentive. I think 5C screen replacement is only $79 or $89.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

I understand you can't upgrade to a newer phone, but can you get more GB? For example, i have the 6s 16GB, but i really would like to have the 64GB. Can you pay the $199 and an additional fee in that case?

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Sage

No.  They send you a phone equal to the one lost.  They would have to be out of the 16 GB version, and would have to option to send the 16 GB version in another color first

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support