Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlimited plus plan free hbo

Contributor

Unlimited plus plan free hbo

I just got the plus plan and I figured out how to stream hbo from my phone, but I'm not sure how to watch it on my uverse cable box. can anyone help? P.S. the Hbo channels on my tv are still unavailable as if I'm not subscribed.
Message 1 of 26
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlimited plus plan free hbo

Why not watch the hbo channels directly on your tv?

For streaming to your computer and other devices there's HBO GO.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 26
ACE - Expert

HBO NOW is accessible with a paid subscription to HBO.  What Uverse TV package do you have?  U450 or perhaps a separate HBO subscription? You might want to check your account (online or call CS) to verify that you are getting your FREE HBO.

HBO GO is a separate subscription to access online content only.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 26
Contributor

I have the U300 television package which doesn't include HBO, but with my unlimited data plus plan I believe I am supposed to receive HBO. is this just a problem I take up with at&t or am I missing something? Thanks for the help.
Message 4 of 26
ACE - Expert

@ryansanders1628 wrote:
I have the U300 television package which doesn't include HBO, but with my unlimited data plus plan I believe I am supposed to receive HBO. is this just a problem I take up with at&t or am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

This is more of a wireless question.  I'm going to ask that the moderators move your thread to the Wireless section, because your U-verse TV subscription is irrelevant to this question.  You're looking for a feature of your Wireless.

Message 5 of 26
ACE - Professor

Looks like in this article you should get free HBO and a $25.00 Uverse credit if you have the Unlimited Plus wireless package.  I may be reading it incorrectly. 

http://about.att.com/story/unlimited_wireless_plan_hbo.html

Message 6 of 26
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎06-30-2017 9:26 AM

With unlimited plus data plan you get HBO GO free, not HBO and not HBO NOW.  

To watch HBO GO on the big screen, you need a streaming device.  Chromecast, Roku or Apple TV type device, or a smart TV that you can cast from mobile.

please note HBO GO is NOT data free TV.  Only data from ATT apps is included.  Uverse, DirecTV, DirecTV NOW.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 26
Contributor

That's helpful, but how do you set up the HBO Go access?

Message 8 of 26

This is not what att says. If you go to the link in the answers it says HBO is free. That is also what i was told when i signed up plus 25.00 off of my bill. So I'm confused
Message 9 of 26
ACE - Sage

@Teddybear456  Do you have Uverse or directTV in the same name as the wireless account?  Contact TV support to add HBO at no charge.  

HBO Credit: AT&T Unlimited Plus subscribers receive access to HBO services & a credit to their bill for the corresponding HBO service. Customers w/wireless service only or DIRECTV NOW receive access to 3 live channels and on-demand content; customers with residential DIRECTV or U-Verse TV service receive access to live channels available for that service and on-demand content. Included channels subject to change. Customers who currently have HBO will see bill credit discounting the cost of the HBO service (up to $17.99 for residential DIRECTV; up to $16.00 for U-Verse TV; up to $13.00 for DIRECTV Premier or U-Verse TV U400/U450; DIRECTV NOW customers (with or without previous HBO) see a charge of $0.00). Other customers previously w/o HBO will see charge for HBO service and corresponding credit discounting the cost of the HBO service on their bill. Activation may be required.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 10 of 26
ACE - Sage

@JustAGuyInGA wrote:

That's helpful, but how do you set up the HBO Go access?

Word is you have to sign up for Direct TV Now 7 day trial.   Then download the HBO GO app, and sign in with your DirecTV now as the provider

Message 11 of 26
ACE - Professor

@Teddybear456@JustAGuyInGA Yeah, I agree, it's confusing, but at least they've "streamlined" the setup now:

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans-plus.html?source=EC5c0A45400HBOoDU

Realistically, there's very little difference between plain-old-HBO and HBO-Go, except that the Go version is easy to configure if you're not an AT&T video customer, like myself.

I have it configured on my Roku (I did my setup before the "streamlining" and boy was it a pain to figure out), and it's just another "channel" now, in terms of use.

This shows the parallels, a bit better: http://help.hbonow.com/app/answers/detailHBO/a_id/125/~/differences-between-hbo-now-and-hbo-go

I was told by one CSR that I had to disable "renewal", but if you're not a video customer, you can't see this option anyway, and I have yet to be charged for my HBO Go service, so I suspect this is simply automated on the back-end, or at least I hope it is, I'm definitely keeping an eye on my bills (which I do anyway, but I'm a bit hyper-aware right now), and after several months, there's still no additional charge.

Hopefully this clarifies things a bit?  Really, it'd be simpler if there was a FAQ item for the differences, on the Unlimited site, IMO.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Message 12 of 26

I checked my TV last night, i do have HBO on it now. Haven't gotten a bill
yet so I'll be watching it closely. Thanks for your responce
Message 13 of 26
Contributor

How long did you have to wait after signing up for the unlimited plus plan? 

Message 14 of 26
Contributor

How long did you have to wait after beginning your unlimited plus plan?

Message 15 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support