Get the myAT&T app
ryansanders1628's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 30th, 2017 5:47 AM

Unlimited plus plan free hbo

I just got the plus plan and I figured out how to stream hbo from my phone, but I'm not sure how to watch it on my uverse cable box. can anyone help? P.S. the Hbo channels on my tv are still unavailable as if I'm not subscribed.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@JustAGuyInGA wrote:

That's helpful, but how do you set up the HBO Go access?

Word is you have to sign up for Direct TV Now 7 day trial.   Then download the HBO GO app, and sign in with your DirecTV now as the provider

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Teddybear456@JustAGuyInGA Yeah, I agree, it's confusing, but at least they've "streamlined" the setup now:

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans-plus.html?source=EC5c0A45400HBOoDU

Realistically, there's very little difference between plain-old-HBO and HBO-Go, except that the Go version is easy to configure if you're not an AT&T video customer, like myself.

I have it configured on my Roku (I did my setup before the "streamlining" and boy was it a pain to figure out), and it's just another "channel" now, in terms of use.

This shows the parallels, a bit better: http://help.hbonow.com/app/answers/detailHBO/a_id/125/~/differences-between-hbo-now-and-hbo-go

I was told by one CSR that I had to disable "renewal", but if you're not a video customer, you can't see this option anyway, and I have yet to be charged for my HBO Go service, so I suspect this is simply automated on the back-end, or at least I hope it is, I'm definitely keeping an eye on my bills (which I do anyway, but I'm a bit hyper-aware right now), and after several months, there's still no additional charge.

Hopefully this clarifies things a bit?  Really, it'd be simpler if there was a FAQ item for the differences, on the Unlimited site, IMO.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I checked my TV last night, i do have HBO on it now. Haven't gotten a bill
yet so I'll be watching it closely. Thanks for your responce

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How long did you have to wait after signing up for the unlimited plus plan? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How long did you have to wait after beginning your unlimited plus plan?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, that happened to me too! It never went through! When Directv said itvwent through and I was able to watch I got a bill for it. So frustrating because that is why I switched plans!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Christy9759  Contact ATT...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I was just wondered if anyone else had this same issue and had it resolved.

I’ve contacted ATT but unfortunately hasn’t helped too much. So seeing if someone else lives in a condo but still was able to receive the promo without a problem

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just went to the unlimited data plus HBO.  I downloaded the HBO GO app, but it asks for a television provider.  I don't have any.  We just stream on our smart TV.  We do have Roku, but that isn't one of the selections from the drop down menu.  How do I go about using the app if I don't have a TV provider?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@pilatepat wrote:

I just went to the unlimited data plus HBO.  I downloaded the HBO GO app, but it asks for a television provider.  I don't have any.  We just stream on our smart TV.  We do have Roku, but that isn't one of the selections from the drop down menu.  How do I go about using the app if I don't have a TV provider?

Do the FREE DirecTV Now sign up, this is what I did https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans-plus-v2.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.