For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
jbellanca's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2008 6:36 AM

Closed

Two people traveling to Germany - can we call each other?

There's two of us traveling to Germany for a week (we're from the US), and we're thinking of adding the international calling plans to our iPhones. We'll only be making a few calls to each other to meet up on days we'll be apart. My question is - can we call each other's phones? In other words - can my iPhone call his iPhone while we're both over there? I'm assuming that when I call him from my iPhone, it would make the call back to the States, which would then be forwarded to his iPhone back in Germany - correct? And would I need to dial +1 first? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

16 years ago

Yes, you could call him and yes it would be an international call X2. What about SMSes?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

If I read the terms correctly, it's $0.50 per text for one of us to send, but free to receive texts - is that correct?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

16 years ago

So if I get the World Traveler package for $5.99 a month, and the $24.99 20MB data package - it's $0.99/min to make a call from Germany to the US, $0.50 per text message sent, free to receive texts - but what if I call a local Germany phone number - do I get charged the "normal" international rates from the US to Germany, kind of as if I were still in the States?

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

16 years ago

jbellanca wrote:
So if I get the World Traveler package for $5.99 a month, and the $24.99 20MB data package - it's $0.99/min to make a call from Germany to the US, $0.50 per text message sent, free to receive texts - but what if I call a local Germany phone number - do I get charged the "normal" international rates from the US to Germany, kind of as if I were still in the States?

The roaming voice rates are the same when roaming no matter who/where you call.  You will pay .99 for all calls no matter if they are next door or around the world.

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

16 years ago

jbellanca wrote:
There's two of us traveling to Germany for a week (we're from the US), and we're thinking of adding the international calling plans to our iPhones. We'll only be making a few calls to each other to meet up on days we'll be apart. My question is - can we call each other's phones? In other words - can my iPhone call his iPhone while we're both over there? I'm assuming that when I call him from my iPhone, it would make the call back to the States, which would then be forwarded to his iPhone back in Germany - correct? And would I need to dial +1 first? Thanks!

Yes you will need to dial +1 to reach any US based telephone number including a cell phone that is roaming in another country.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.