Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 5, 2008
11:36:56 PM
Two people traveling to Germany - can we call each other?
There's two of us traveling to Germany for a week (we're from the US), and we're thinking of adding the international calling plans to our iPhones. We'll only be making a few calls to each other to meet up on days we'll be apart. My question is - can we call each other's phones? In other words - can my iPhone call his iPhone while we're both over there? I'm assuming that when I call him from my iPhone, it would make the call back to the States, which would then be forwarded to his iPhone back in Germany - correct? And would I need to dial +1 first? Thanks!
There's two of us traveling to Germany for a week (we're from the US), and we're thinking of adding the international calling plans to our iPhones. We'll only be making a few calls to each other to meet up on days we'll be apart. My question is - can we call each other's phones? In other words - can my iPhone call his iPhone while we're both over there? I'm assuming that when I call him from my iPhone, it would make the call back to the States, which would then be forwarded to his iPhone back in Germany - correct? And would I need to dial +1 first? Thanks!
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 6, 2008 6:25:50 AM
(0)
Guru
Yes, you could call him and yes it would be an international call X2. What about SMSes?
Accepted Solution

Two people traveling to Germany - can we call each other?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 6, 2008 6:25:50 AM
(0)
Guru
Yes, you could call him and yes it would be an international call X2. What about SMSes?

Re: Two people traveling to Germany - can we call each other?

2 of 6 (5,395 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2008 7:29:57 AM
(0)
Tutor
If I read the terms correctly, it's $0.50 per text for one of us to send, but free to receive texts - is that correct?
If I read the terms correctly, it's $0.50 per text for one of us to send, but free to receive texts - is that correct?

3 of 6 (5,389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2008 8:54:50 AM
(0)
Tutor
So if I get the World Traveler package for $5.99 a month, and the $24.99 20MB data package - it's $0.99/min to make a call from Germany to the US, $0.50 per text message sent, free to receive texts - but what if I call a local Germany phone number - do I get charged the "normal" international rates from the US to Germany, kind of as if I were still in the States?
So if I get the World Traveler package for $5.99 a month, and the $24.99 20MB data package - it's $0.99/min to make a call from Germany to the US, $0.50 per text message sent, free to receive texts - but what if I call a local Germany phone number - do I get charged the "normal" international rates from the US to Germany, kind of as if I were still in the States?

4 of 6 (5,383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2008 12:42:23 PM
(0)
Master

jbellanca wrote:

The roaming voice rates are the same when roaming no matter who/where you call.  You will pay .99 for all calls no matter if they are next door or around the world.

jbellanca wrote:

The roaming voice rates are the same when roaming no matter who/where you call.  You will pay .99 for all calls no matter if they are next door or around the world.

5 of 6 (5,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2008 12:44:42 PM
(0)
Master

jbellanca wrote:

Yes you will need to dial +1 to reach any US based telephone number including a cell phone that is roaming in another country.

jbellanca wrote:

Yes you will need to dial +1 to reach any US based telephone number including a cell phone that is roaming in another country.

6 of 6 (5,356 Views)