Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 14, 2014
8:04:58 PM
View profile
Transferring information from Mini Sim Card to Micro Sim Card

I currently have a Samsung Focus on a 300MB shared data plan with unlimited talk and text. The Focus uses a Mini Sim Card and I recently got an iPhone 4S that uses a Micro Sim Card. I was wondering if I would be able to buy a Micro Sim Card and have AT&T transfer my phone number, contacts, etc. onto it from my old Sim Card onto the Micro.

I currently have a Samsung Focus on a 300MB shared data plan with unlimited talk and text. The Focus uses a Mini Sim Card and I recently got an iPhone 4S that uses a Micro Sim Card. I was wondering if I would be able to buy a Micro Sim Card and have AT&T transfer my phone number, contacts, etc. onto it from my old Sim Card onto the Micro.

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 15, 2014 8:21:06 AM
(1)
Employee

Hi @soccerman67102 

You can visit any Company Owned AT&T store and receive a new SIM card free of charge. They will also be able to assist you in migrating your information from your Focus to your new iPhone. While there, they will also be able to update your data plan to ensure that your device will work properly. 

You can find your nearest AT&T store by clicking Here

Hope this helps!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Transferring information from Mini Sim Card to Micro Sim Card

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 15, 2014 8:21:06 AM
(1)
Employee

Hi @soccerman67102 

You can visit any Company Owned AT&T store and receive a new SIM card free of charge. They will also be able to assist you in migrating your information from your Focus to your new iPhone. While there, they will also be able to update your data plan to ensure that your device will work properly. 

Hope this helps!

Hi @soccerman67102 

Hope this helps!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Transferring information from Mini Sim Card to Micro Sim Card

2 of 4 (4,165 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2014 10:29:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

Will I get charged for an upgrade since i bought the phone for full price?

Will I get charged for an upgrade since i bought the phone for full price?

3 of 4 (4,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2014 8:46:10 AM
(0)
Community Manager

No, switching to a new phone will not cost you anything extra as long as you're not upgrading or buying a phone at that time.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

No, switching to a new phone will not cost you anything extra as long as you're not upgrading or buying a phone at that time.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (3,830 Views)