Get the myAT&T app
misygrl's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 19th, 2014 4:36 PM

Trade-In program

Anybody else get considerably less than what AT&T said that the value would be? Said my 4s was worth $200 ( bc of the $100 extra promotion rate) and I got my promotion card today with a balance of $38. I could have sold it for more on Craigslist or eBay. Guess it was too good to be true. Called today to escalate the matter so we will see what they say.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@misygrl wrote:
Anybody else get considerably less than what AT&T said that the value would be? Said my 4s was worth $200 ( bc of the $100 extra promotion rate) and I got my promotion card today with a balance of $38. I could have sold it for more on Craigslist or eBay. Guess it was too good to be true. Called today to escalate the matter so we will see what they say.

I got my $200 value on my promotional card for my iPHone 4, and my wife got $200 for her iPhone 5.  In both of our cases, we traded in the phones in person at AT&T retail stores, and we actually got lucky enough to be able to do so before the end of September.  It sounds like they applied the "normal" trade-in policy, and not the promotional one for your trade-in.  Is it possible that you didn't "redeem" your code for the promotional trade-in when you sent your old phone in?

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

10 years ago

Later receiving my 6+, I activated it, reset my 4S to default & took it into an AT&T Corporate Store where they verified that I placed my 6+ order in September & handed me the $200 promotion card. Just make sure it's a corporate store & not an authorized reseller.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I did the whole trade with AT&T and I made sure and applied the code to the transaction. I only did it through the mail bc I ordered my iPhone 6 online and they sent me an email telling me I could do the trade-in and where to send it. Should have just taken it to the store it sounds like.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @misygrl 

Wes there any physical damage or liquid damage on the phone you sent in that you know of? Was it fully operational or did it have any issues? When you process a Trade-In online the amount you see is an estimate based on the description of the device. Once the phone is received by AT&T, it's inspected and the actual Trade-In value can change based on its condition.

If you believe there was a mistake, you can send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.