Get the myAT&T app
Kaoskun's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 6:19 AM

Closed

Text Messaging Italy

I have been all over the forum, support, as well as going to the the ATT store to ask a rep. I have received differing information on how to go about textint my brother who live in Italy. I was told +01139 then number, I was told +39 then number, I have also seen +139011then number. What do I need to do exactly. I would greatly appreciate an actualy reply to clarify what I need to do. Please no links to other sites or the support docs. I have been over them a million times.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

Kaoskun wrote:
    I have been all over the forum, support, as well as going to the the ATT store to ask a rep. I have received differing information on how to go about textint my brother who live in Italy. I was told +01139 then number, I was told +39 then number, I have also seen +139011then number. What do I need to do exactly. I would greatly appreciate an actualy reply to clarify what I need to do. Please no links to other sites or the support docs. I have been over them a million times.

Thanks

+39 then number is correct, as is 01139 then number.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

16 years ago

I am correct in assuming +39 and 01139 will work regardless of the carrier he is using? He is using Vodafone Italy and may be switching to WIND shortly but, keep the same number. Also thank you for the fast reply. Glad I switched from Sprint to ATT. 🙂

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

16 years ago

+39prefix then the number helpful prefix info can be found at the link for intrnl dialin "mobile termination chrg" this is some ref for prefix's for cell phones in italy...01139 is old technology check your manuals the + is universal for dialin voice or sms. GOODDAY!

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@Kaoskun wrote:
I am correct in assuming +39 and 01139 will work regardless of the carrier he is using? He is using Vodafone Italy and may be switching to WIND shortly but, keep the same number. Also thank you for the fast reply. Glad I switched from Sprint to ATT. 🙂

You're welcome!

As long as it's an Italian carrier, it shouldn't matter as 39 is the country code. However, AT&T may not work with all carriers in Italy, although both Wind and Vodafone seem to be supported by AT&T according to the international text messaging info.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

16 years ago

Looks like +39 worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@Kaoskun wrote:

Looks like +39 worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

You're welcome!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.