Get the myAT&T app
valfurto's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 1:00 AM

Spam text now coming with email address

I’ve been happy with the 7726 text for blocking text spam. Now as of June 25, 2019 spam text are coming through text with email address no phone number to reply in response. Do I copy and send email address in place of phone number? What to do please advise?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

If a text is coming from an email address, that means the sender is using the email to text gateway. Just forward the text to 7726 as you would any other. That should let ATT know to block that email address from using the gateway.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

This is NOT helping. 7726 requires you to report the originating phone number.  It doesn't accept email addresses.  Please address this growing problem, AT&T, with a real solution, such as letting your users disable the txt.att.net setting for their phone number if they wish to do so!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Unable to "forward" the unwanted text/email. When copying the message and then sending a message to 7726 it asks for a phone number ? 

Seriously At&t your tech people should be able to address this situation PRONTO. As customers we pay entirely way too much to not have the choice who can message our phones.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I second, third, and fourth  the need to deal with this NOW.  In the past month I am being deluged with these on my iPhone.  Far as I can tell AT&T Call Protect does not deal with this, not is there any info as to whether Call Protect Plus is any better.  Just saying "block caller" on the iphone does not work.  Same bozos sending the same crap about That Which Cannot Be Named enhancement over and over, though number is blocked; I am a 75 year old women and seriously don't care about that!  Spammers have found a HUGE hole in the security set ups and the carriers need to do something about it. I am also complaining to Apple, who with IOS 11 set up this marvy opportunity to combine text and email. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

apparently not solved.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I read somewhere that after a particular date in June 2019 an opportunity opened for spammers. Cannot remember the particulars but one would think with all of the tech people employed by cellphone service providers that this new loophole could be easily rectified. 

I suppose in our case At&t will continue to be amused by their customers complaints while they discuss how to spend the bonuses.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

yep

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Try to find it in the settings and prohibit receiving emails from addresses with a certain name.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I'm so freaking tired of them! One day, I remember, one spam message specifically drove me out of my mind, and I almost crashed my laptop. It happened at a critical moment at work, and I lost the emails I needed. I was spammed with advertising, and then again I received letters with "the best offers ever" requesting, of course, that I pay in advance. After that, I turned to my manager, and he recommended https://folderly.com/email-spam-fix to me, which, it turns out, enables me to block users with a specific name or eliminate spam ingeniously. Try it too.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.