Get the myAT&T app
Chris13579's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 25th, 2017 12:02 PM

Smart Limits Time Restriction on Data is not working accurately...

I have set up my son's Night Restictions for 10:00 pm to 06:00 am (next day) on Sun-Thu nights.  He tells me that his data is not coming back on his iPhone, even as late as 9:00 am.  There is no set time we can expect the data to be restored.  What can be done about this?  It makes it useless if the window of restriction cannot be accurately relied upon.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

If I understand it correctly, the phone has to be power cycled to turn data back on.   This is how it works if you manually go into My ATT and turn data back on again and smart limits nearly does this for you.  Tell him to restart his phone at 6:05 each morning and see if that solves the problem.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Makes complete sense.  

I'll test this out and report back soon!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks. This worked for us!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

It looks like the moment you need to use allowed numbers like a whitelist, you have to turn on time restrictions 24x7. But doing this, blocks data 24x7. Why can't I set the approved numbers in the allowed list, and not need time restrictions to enforce them? This seems broken to me that wanting to use only allowed #'s ends up blocking data completely.

Anyone else see this as a concern?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I only have 2 time restrictions set on 3 phones cUrrently.   one for summer hours, and another for bed time hours.   both several hours a part in their use.  I am using a brand new samsung j7,  a new LG3, and an iphone6.  The data is not restored on any of the devices, even after power cycling.   Is this a limitation of the service or a problem w/the devices?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It's the same for me. I have one line that has time restriction for night hours and then for school hours. During the allowed time frame on his IPhone 6, his data does not work. I finally ended up having to reset his network settings, but then again this morning he is having the same issue even after power cycling. This is definitely broken. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have set my kids off of data and now it’s saying that I’ve used 9 GB of my 15 GB on my personal phone I use Wi-Fi at work and I very rarely use my phone at home so why is it being used up now?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.