Get the myAT&T app
LisaCJ's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Monday, March 26th, 2012 3:23 PM

Smart Limits Internet

Is there no way to cut my daughters internet (from her phone) off at night??  I have set smart limits for calls, but she is on Facebook at 1245am on a school night.  Basically, I want to turn her PHONE OFF after 11:30pm school nights.

thank you,

Lisa

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

33 Messages

12 years ago

Hi Lisa, Smart Limits restricts data usage and internet access with time of day restrictions as well, but only on Basic and Messaging phones, not currently on Smartphones. Some families have recommended that kids charge phones in the parents’ bedroom each night so kids can’t access them in the evening. Have you considered this?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Yes. All outbound calls, text and internet are cut off at the time you set. Of course, 9-1-1 calls outbound are still active. All inbound voice calls are still active. These cannot be stopped unless the numbers are part of your banned number list. In other words, if her friend calls her you still have the same issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Ok... I solved this problem by setting the MB usage allowed to zero. Now if my son tries to sowload something or surf the net, he has no MB allotment to do so.  

Hope this helped

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How do you set a mb limit ?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I cannot hear calls n they can't hear me . Both my iPhone n my wife's x2days now. Called art they can't hear me either

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Help att. I work on calls/ commission. No one can hear my calls when I speak

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My son has continued to go over data usage because he's streaming music during times without wifi. Is there a way that I can cut his allotted data amount. We allow him to have 8 gigabytes which he shares with two other family members. Our total amount of data that is shared is 15 gigs. Please hel me I've tried several different methods so now I'm fixing to have to cut him completely off. Most months he goes over by 2 or 3 gigs which is adding $15 per gig in overage charges. Can't afford it!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Mimi42 Every Friday morning check his data use, if he's over his data usage for the week, go to the web and turn his data off, keep it off until he gets to the correct spot in the month where he is under his data use (if he used 2 weeks of data in the first week, you keep it off for 2 weeks).

I would think checking this before the weekend and killing it for the weekend would have better impact.

Make sure he knows he can check his data by dialing *DATA# (that number could be behind but it's a decent gauge).

I'd think he'd learn pretty quick...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

That's so right. I think we've let him by with it so long n just scolded him he thinks oh well it's ok. He's old enough that he's fixing to get his own plan then he'll pay his own bill no matter how much data he uses or lose it. I'm beyond tired of not being taken seriously. Maybe this time he'll get the message. Thanks for your input
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.