Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 26, 2012
8:23:28 AM
View profile
Smart Limits Internet

Is there no way to cut my daughters internet (from her phone) off at night??  I have set smart limits for calls, but she is on Facebook at 1245am on a school night.  Basically, I want to turn her PHONE OFF after 11:30pm school nights.

thank you,

Lisa

Is there no way to cut my daughters internet (from her phone) off at night??  I have set smart limits for calls, but she is on Facebook at 1245am on a school night.  Basically, I want to turn her PHONE OFF after 11:30pm school nights.

thank you,

Lisa

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 2, 2012 2:29:45 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi Lisa, Smart Limits restricts data usage and internet access with time of day restrictions as well, but only on Basic and Messaging phones, not currently on Smartphones. Some families have recommended that kids charge phones in the parents’ bedroom each night so kids can’t access them in the evening. Have you considered this?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Smart Limits Internet

11 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(11)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2012 9:24:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes. All outbound calls, text and internet are cut off at the time you set. Of course, 9-1-1 calls outbound are still active. All inbound voice calls are still active. These cannot be stopped unless the numbers are part of your banned number list. In other words, if her friend calls her you still have the same issue.

Yes. All outbound calls, text and internet are cut off at the time you set. Of course, 9-1-1 calls outbound are still active. All inbound voice calls are still active. These cannot be stopped unless the numbers are part of your banned number list. In other words, if her friend calls her you still have the same issue.

Re: Smart Limits Internet

2 of 12 (7,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 2, 2012 2:29:45 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi Lisa, Smart Limits restricts data usage and internet access with time of day restrictions as well, but only on Basic and Messaging phones, not currently on Smartphones. Some families have recommended that kids charge phones in the parents’ bedroom each night so kids can’t access them in the evening. Have you considered this?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 12 (6,992 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 7:09:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ok... I solved this problem by setting the MB usage allowed to zero. Now if my son tries to sowload something or surf the net, he has no MB allotment to do so.  

Hope this helped

Ok... I solved this problem by setting the MB usage allowed to zero. Now if my son tries to sowload something or surf the net, he has no MB allotment to do so.  

Hope this helped

4 of 12 (4,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2016 12:50:21 PM
(0)
Contributor
How do you set a mb limit ?
How do you set a mb limit ?

5 of 12 (1,950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2016 9:49:20 PM
(0)
Contributor
I cannot hear calls n they can't hear me . Both my iPhone n my wife's x2days now. Called art they can't hear me either
I cannot hear calls n they can't hear me . Both my iPhone n my wife's x2days now. Called art they can't hear me either

6 of 12 (1,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2016 9:51:19 PM
(0)
Contributor
Help att. I work on calls/ commission. No one can hear my calls when I speak
Help att. I work on calls/ commission. No one can hear my calls when I speak

7 of 12 (1,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2016 7:21:20 PM
(0)
Contributor
?
?

8 of 12 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2016 8:13:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
My son has continued to go over data usage because he's streaming music during times without wifi. Is there a way that I can cut his allotted data amount. We allow him to have 8 gigabytes which he shares with two other family members. Our total amount of data that is shared is 15 gigs. Please hel me I've tried several different methods so now I'm fixing to have to cut him completely off. Most months he goes over by 2 or 3 gigs which is adding $15 per gig in overage charges. Can't afford it!!!!
My son has continued to go over data usage because he's streaming music during times without wifi. Is there a way that I can cut his allotted data amount. We allow him to have 8 gigabytes which he shares with two other family members. Our total amount of data that is shared is 15 gigs. Please hel me I've tried several different methods so now I'm fixing to have to cut him completely off. Most months he goes over by 2 or 3 gigs which is adding $15 per gig in overage charges. Can't afford it!!!!

9 of 12 (857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2016 8:56:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

@Mimi42 Every Friday morning check his data use, if he's over his data usage for the week, go to the web and turn his data off, keep it off until he gets to the correct spot in the month where he is under his data use (if he used 2 weeks of data in the first week, you keep it off for 2 weeks).

I would think checking this before the weekend and killing it for the weekend would have better impact.

Make sure he knows he can check his data by dialing *DATA# (that number could be behind but it's a decent gauge).

I'd think he'd learn pretty quick...

@Mimi42 Every Friday morning check his data use, if he's over his data usage for the week, go to the web and turn his data off, keep it off until he gets to the correct spot in the month where he is under his data use (if he used 2 weeks of data in the first week, you keep it off for 2 weeks).

I would think checking this before the weekend and killing it for the weekend would have better impact.

Make sure he knows he can check his data by dialing *DATA# (that number could be behind but it's a decent gauge).

I'd think he'd learn pretty quick...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 12 (851 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2016 9:26:38 PM
(1)
Contributor
That's so right. I think we've let him by with it so long n just scolded him he thinks oh well it's ok. He's old enough that he's fixing to get his own plan then he'll pay his own bill no matter how much data he uses or lose it. I'm beyond tired of not being taken seriously. Maybe this time he'll get the message. Thanks for your input
That's so right. I think we've let him by with it so long n just scolded him he thinks oh well it's ok. He's old enough that he's fixing to get his own plan then he'll pay his own bill no matter how much data he uses or lose it. I'm beyond tired of not being taken seriously. Maybe this time he'll get the message. Thanks for your input

11 of 12 (843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2016 8:23:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have everything blocked but allowed my husband and my numbers as allowed numbers and for some reason our son can't call or text us?
I have everything blocked but allowed my husband and my numbers as allowed numbers and for some reason our son can't call or text us?

12 of 12 (186 Views)