For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
hsadero's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 4th, 2015 4:03 AM

Sharing location

My husband checks the location (share location) of my daughter every 10 mintes Sometimes he gets a message that says that she stopped sharing location with us. My husband says our daughter doing it on purpose and that she herself turns something off so we will not be able to locate her. My daughter says she doesnt do it, she doesnt stop sharing her location. Between the both of them I am going crazy. Which is true? I want to believe my daughter so much but is it possible that it would stop randomly or is she really doing it on purpose.

Please let me know if you are familiar with this. Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

You should always go with your instincts. Something isn't right.

Why would your husband need or want to check on your daughters location so often?
Does it seem obsessive?
How old is your daughter?
Where is she going that he needs to constantly monitor her?

I'm a mom and very concerned about this behavior.....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

For the record. I believe your daughter. A phone can't share location unless it is connected to wifi or cellular. Even with good coverage, phones will lose connection now and then.

My concern for her is entirely different....

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

There are certain locations, inside buildings, where cellular access is limited. If she loses cellular connection while inside a building, you will not be able to tell where she is.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

I have a cell phone, and live less then two miles from the local AT^T tower, and I have trouble getting a signal inside the house. Towers and receptions are funny. My own instinct says, your girl is not doing it hersoef.

The other issues, well, good luck with that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Husband doesn't want teen daughter getting knocked up. She's lying. It doesn't say someone has stopped sharing their location unless they have.  Let the daughter know that if it happens again she's losing her phone and will not be able to go anywhere and I guarantee the problem will go away miraculously.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.