Explore & discover

Helpful Links

SMS

Highlighted
Contributor

SMS

Dear ATT

Some times I am traveling in Europe and I received all SMS.

Now, I am in Europe and I do not receive any SMS.

Please could you help me ? Is there a technical problem from ATT ?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: SMS

This is the community, not ATT.  

No, the problem would be your phone is not roaming on local networks.   Several reasons for that, incompatible phone, incompatible plan, roaming is off on your phone or plan.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thank you very much for your answer.

But my phone is ok, I can phone and send SMS, local network is ready,
roaming is on. All fonctions are ready.

*Just, I can not received SMS. Just it.*

Please could you continue help me ?

Jean Luc Landes

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jojolemerou
‎12-31-2018 8:45 AM

You can try calling the international support number but there is likely nothing anyone can do. You can also try rebooting the phone to refresh your network connection but I find that receipt of texts when roaming to be very inconsistent. Sometimes texts just don’t show up until getting back to the US. If there is an issue, it could be with ATT, it could be with the foreign carrier. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thank you !

I changed the network connection by hand and I choose "ORANGE".
It is ok now !

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support