Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2008
6:59:43 AM
View profile
Roaming in Ukraine
Who now,why my prepaid sim card have no access to network? I changed cell phone to different with GSM 900/1800 bands... No registration in 5 networks :-(
Who now,why my prepaid sim card have no access to network? I changed cell phone to different with GSM 900/1800 bands... No registration in 5 networks :-(
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 30, 2008 10:37:27 AM
(0)
Expert

german-ukr wrote:
     Ok,may you help me with unlock my Molotora С168? I don't know network pin. I will return to US after 9 mounth,my cell phone number will canceled in December...

Customer care can get the unlock code for you. 1-800-331-0500
Accepted Solution

Roaming in Ukraine

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2008 9:39:54 AM
(0)
Expert

german-ukr wrote:

Unfortunately AT&T prepaid services do not work outside fot he 50 united states and Mexico.

german-ukr wrote:

Unfortunately AT&T prepaid services do not work outside fot he 50 united states and Mexico.

Re: Roaming in Ukraine

2 of 9 (5,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2008 10:30:59 AM
(0)
Voyager
Ok,may you help me with unlock my Molotora С168? I don't know network pin. I will return to US after 9 mounth,my cell phone number will canceled in December...

3 of 9 (5,544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 30, 2008 10:37:27 AM
(0)
Expert

german-ukr wrote:

german-ukr wrote:

4 of 9 (5,543 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2008 12:55:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

german-ukr wrote:

Unfortunately, unlocking the AT&T C168 will not help as it is only a dual-band 850/1900MHz device and will not work in Ukraine (900/1800MHz country). Your best bet is to buy a phone locally, they'll have a number of cheap phones available.

german-ukr wrote:

Unfortunately, unlocking the AT&T C168 will not help as it is only a dual-band 850/1900MHz device and will not work in Ukraine (900/1800MHz country). Your best bet is to buy a phone locally, they'll have a number of cheap phones available.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (5,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2008 11:31:06 PM
(0)
Voyager

wilcre wrote:

german-ukr wrote:

I mustn't call to this numer from Ukraine,because it's US 800 line. :-( I know,my cell phone no working,but if will return to US,i use cell phone again. But my number will be canceled,customer service no give me this code. Some prepaid sim card's from my country have roaming in all network's in US :-)

wilcre wrote:

german-ukr wrote:

I mustn't call to this numer from Ukraine,because it's US 800 line. :-( I know,my cell phone no working,but if will return to US,i use cell phone again. But my number will be canceled,customer service no give me this code. Some prepaid sim card's from my country have roaming in all network's in US :-)

6 of 9 (5,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2008 6:45:20 AM
(0)
Guru
You can call US 800 numbers for free using Skype.  Just sign up for the free version, don't put any money on it,  Your best bet is to buy a new US prepaid SIM card when you come back.  You get get the cards with some minutes on them silly cheap from ebay.
You can call US 800 numbers for free using Skype.  Just sign up for the free version, don't put any money on it,  Your best bet is to buy a new US prepaid SIM card when you come back.  You get get the cards with some minutes on them silly cheap from ebay.

7 of 9 (5,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2008 8:20:06 AM
(0)
Guru

german-ukr wrote:

wilcre wrote:

german-ukr wrote:

Yes my UK Orange and Virgin and Voda prepaid chips all roam the world, it is only the US that cannot seem to make prepaid chips roam.

german-ukr wrote:

wilcre wrote:

german-ukr wrote:

Yes my UK Orange and Virgin and Voda prepaid chips all roam the world, it is only the US that cannot seem to make prepaid chips roam.

8 of 9 (5,479 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2008 12:43:32 PM
(0)
Expert

german-ukr wrote:

wilcre wrote:

german-ukr wrote:

This is not a free call either unles called from another AT&T phone, but here is their international number 001-916-843-4685

german-ukr wrote:

wilcre wrote:

german-ukr wrote:

This is not a free call either unles called from another AT&T phone, but here is their international number 001-916-843-4685

9 of 9 (5,469 Views)